Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 94 TT 6 speed i just recently did an ACT 6 Puck clutch with a street light flywheel. the clutch has around 1500 miles on it 500 which where break in miles. I was driving the car the other day n did a quick 2nd gear floor to get around a car and after about 3k of rpms the pedal went hard for a 2nd then i have no clutch. THere was still perfect pressure the pedal just didn't do anything. So i removed the tranny and found the disc stuck on the flywheel we had to pry it off. I cant understand if i was out a the track and this happen but i was just normal driving it to my shop. Has this happen to anyone? specialy with this low of milage on the car. Its just a BPU supra so making maybe 350hp im only running 10lbs of boost. Please let me know. Thanks

ALso was anyone else 6 puck kinda chattery?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anything? Gonna call ACT soon

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
no idea. i ahve the same clutch for a couple years now

except i have the 13lb flywheel and the heavy duty pressure plate...... and the full face street disc.

extremely chattery in neutral and low rpm and high rpm decel

im not sure if mine is holding 700whp or slipping a bit but its rated at 590 ft lbs so mines probably going to die a swift death soon

but i was trapping 125mph so it might be slipping a bit at WOT. it heats up QUICK and then fades. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya mines really noise waiting to here back from ACT will see what they say

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACT says to send them the clutch in but if they choose not to warranty it i have to pay them. retarded!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i no that why it doesn't make sense!! i wasnt beating on the car AT all. Ya PM me your number i gotta few question about my build! ;)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had an Act 6 puck it chattered like hell it was ridiculous. never got it stuck like that but I burned the shit out of it & completely destroyed it. I only had it in my car for 2500 miles. I put a Competition clutch in and Ive had zero issues since.

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
Which competition clutch did you go with?

I always had good luck withn ACT in my other cars. It sucks to see threads like this or keep hearing that "they kill thrust bearings."

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya idk if im ever running at ACT this is 2nd car this month that had a problem with it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welp after paying 50 bucks to send the clutch back in i received a call from them, there going ahead and warranting it and send me a new one this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts