Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Supra twin turbo 6-speed. It is basically stock, except for exhaust and a Blitz boost controller. When the car is warmed up and I'm comng to a stop, the rpm drops down to 200-300 briefly, like the engine is about to stall, and then bounces up to a normal idle level (600-700 rpm approx.). What is causing this and what is the fix? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding Curt. In response to your question, I've owned the car for approximately 2 years. When bought it, it had an Apex boost controller installed and there was no idle problem. That boost controller failed and about a year ago I had the Blitz controller installed at a performance shop. I don't recall a problem immediately after the new installation. My recollection is that the problem developed sometime after that installation, seems like months later. It would occur very occasionally, then it slowly began occurring more and more often. I notice that, while it is happening more and more often, it doesn't occur all the time. Also, if I regulate the decrease in the RPM's either with my foot on the throttle or by decelerating in gear until the tach reads 900 or less, it doesn't drop past the normal idle point. I appreciate any suggestions you might have. Sometimes, Toyota looks at this car like they've never seen one before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can Elmhurst Toyota do a diagnostic on my car to see if that's it or what it is? I've had the car in there for service, including a tune which I was told would take care of the problem. Since I'm in Naperville, I can have them order and replace the valve when I take it there for the next scheduled oil change. About what (ball park) is the cost of replacing the VSV valve? Thanks again Curt. I appreciate your input. I love this car!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts