Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about what kinda horsepower gains to expect on the dyno and on the streets with 104 or higher oct gas on a car with 420rwhp on 94 pump gas is it alot or a little anyone ever dyno this question, i will be the next time i dyno. i will run pump gas then nos104 oct boost, then add some 110 race gas to check if there is a difference... oh by the way i am running 18psi on the street with a 6spd do you think the computer is pulling timing with the pump gas.... thanx for the info Kevin..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on the dyno higher octane generally just prevents engine ping so you get no timing retard

·
3,148 Posts
If your car has a FMIC you will probably pick up about 10rwhp otherwise the race gas probably won't help.

Later, Steve

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no just a aftermarket greddy side mount..... Kevin... i though the engine might be pulling timing out ... when i dyno the car it peaks then getts real jagged and falls off fast above 6k this was all before the dp i still had on the stock precat.... no more ,now its fun... kevin..

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
My car picked up 16RWHP with 103 in the tank. Hope that helped.

Adam

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DuCeY DuCe said:
on the dyno higher octane generally just prevents engine ping so you get no timing retard
timing retard costs hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts