Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally purchased my dream car. MKIV 6spd, Single turbo targa!!!! Bought the car on Labor Day (also my wife's b-day) down in Indianapolis, and trailerer her back up to Grand Rapids, MI. The car test drove fine, but needs a tune as it's running a Aristo head swap on the NA block, with a 72mm precision turbo on the factory ECU and injectors. A lot of quality parts were built with this car, GSC 2 cams, ARP studs, HKS Priest exhaust, and even the tranny swap is good!!

I brought the car to Naber Racing on the trailer, never even took her off whenI go home.....right to Saif for a Haltech ECU and fuel upgrades and a few other odds and ends.

I don't even have any good pictures because I had the car for 16 hours and half of it was over night while I was sleeping.

A few things right off the bat are changing......I have bought a rear seat (for my kids to ride) and a 98 style steering wheel.

I'll hope to post more pictures next week,I'm trying to go over and work on her Monday evening.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I finally made it to Naber Racing to help Saif do a few little things. When I got there, he already had the radiator out and the new CSF radiator ready to go back in with the Flex-a-lite twin fans.

Then we moved to the gas tank, new LPH 450 pump going in and all wired up on the hanger.

I got the new steering wheel put in, however I have to remove it and rewire the airbag sensor....which I have to look up the way to do that from the forums. I saw it once before, just have to look again. It's a Celica wheel.

I brought my rear seat along, and did a little test fit, but I for got the seat belts.....no worries though, I have to buy different seat belts anyway because I don't have the female ends.....

The Haltech 2500 Elite is ready to go, along with all new fuel lines, ID 1000 injectors, fuel pressure regulator, Haltech Flex fuel sensor, and Innovate Ethanol content gauge and Innovate Oil Pressure gauge.

Saif at Naber Racing said about 2 more weeks and she'll be on the road again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SunBreaker. I'm more or less looking for about 600wrhp street car that is reliable and fun to drive. When the motor goes (hopefully I get a few seasons out of her) I'll respray the car and smooth out the engine bay a little.

·
Registered
113 Posts
600whp should be no problem now with the ProEFI. Congrats on the new car, I'm in the same boat as you.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
I'm not a fan of that fan/shroud set up. It looks like your radiator is going to be blocked at highway speeds and the air is not going to flow freely through it.

Steve K.

·
Registered
113 Posts
600whp should be no problem now with the ProEFI. Congrats on the new car, I'm in the same boat as you.
whoops, I thought I read EFI in there somewhere. But you're certainly right. I have the same Fan/radiator setup as well. no issues

·
Registered
286 Posts
Build is looking good so far! Steering wheel is sweet too!

I'm with 1A1 on the fan comment tho. There are several threads on here that speak to the efficiency difference of the electric fans vs. the clutch fan. I'd encourage you to read up on them, if you haven't already.

Keep up the good work man!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not a fan of that fan/shroud set up. It looks like your radiator is going to be blocked at highway speeds and the air is not going to flow freely through it.

Steve K
Saif said he liked those fans, and I trust what he does. Naber Racing builds some nasty 2JZ's. But I will look in to it.

Build is looking good so far! Steering wheel is sweet too!

I'm with 1A1 on the fan comment tho. There are several threads on here that speak to the efficiency difference of the electric fans vs. the clutch fan. I'd encourage you to read up on them, if you haven't already.
Mr. Klean, do you have links to these threads.....I'd like to read up on those.

That polished radiator looks fantastic.
bradsbluesupra, thanks man, I am trying to keep as much of it blacked out, but it does bring a certain "bling" look to it. Nothing wrong with a little bling!! ;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I was eyeballing this car hard when it was for sale. I thought it was going to sell quicker, but I'm glad to see some good work going into it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was eyeballing this car hard when it was for sale. I thought it was going to sell quicker, but I'm glad to see some good work going into it.
Stockred03, thanks man.....The car needs some TLc, but it's got a lot of good things about it too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:

New fuel rail going in

Triple gauge pods with Innovate Wideband, Oil pressure/Temp, and Ethanol Content

Turbo blanket on and looking cozy

Lip test fitted and installed

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats in the new Supra. I am sure you will love it they are a blast to cruise around in. Specially since yours is single turbo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats in the new Supra. I am sure you will love it they are a blast to cruise around in. Specially since yours is single turbo.
I think congrats is in order to you, for picking up Ben Spies old Supra!!! I loved watching him race. I was a big fan of Ben Spies was with Factory Suzuki. Thanks though....can't wait to drive it and cruise!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts