Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 95 se hardtop in my area locally, would it be worth it to do a 2jz gte swap in it? A nice 2jz gte single, fuel, the whole thing
any one got any info on such a swap?
Also whats a good price on such a car?
Tony

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just buy

A TT after you spend all that dough on the N/A to do the swap and all the headaches of getting all the work done you could have just bought a Twin. Unless you want to something cool and put a single on the N/A that is another way to go.

·
Registered
283 Posts
TOYSUP is right. It would be more cost effective to save the money and just buy a TT than to swap the engine, ecu, ect...

Even if you are intrested in the SE because it is a hartop (hardtop TTs are difficult to find), this would probably not be a good idea (financially).

To my knowledge, all of the SE models were autos and the auto tranny on the NA models is significantly weaker than the auto on the TT. Pretty doubtful that it would hold up to the power level of even the smallest Single turbo.

Soooo... unless you planned to change the engine, tranny, brakes, ecu, etc....this would not be the best course of action. In the long run, it will probably cost you *ALOT* more.

FYI,
KGB

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what I thought
too bad it was a nice looking se
Toyn

·
Registered
525 Posts
Buy the hardtop...dump some loot into it...full tt engine brakes, suspension etc. I think if the condition of the hardtop is great go for it!!!!!!! IF you have the loot!

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
This is not a cost effective way to get a Supra TT...that much is clear. :)

However, if you are truly after a hardtop (my compliments if you are) then it may be the only way to go...if you're either unable to find a hardtop TT or unable to afford one straight up.

There was a 1997 RSP hardtop 5 speed for sale in the For Sale/Wanted section...that would make for the ultimate hardtop TT! :)

Anyway, if total cost is a big deal to you...you will come out behind by converting an NA to a true TT (engine/brakes/transmission/rear end). However, if you're a hardtop junkie like me...you're probably willing to do whatever it takes to create your ultimate Supra! :D

Steve T.
1995 Supra TT hardtop
http://www.onlinespeedshop.com/stevet/supra.htm

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHO THE HELL WANTS A HARDTOP!!! GO TARGA!!!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts