Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my car recently, it didn't come with the key fobs but I found the keyless module under the seat, I ordered the remote and was able to program it.

But the range is really short, I literally have to stand right next to the driver side door to use it.

THe module has an antenna port but nothing is connected. Those of you who have the module, does yours have an antenna connected?

IMG_0656 by mike li, on Flickr

IMG_0658 by mike li, on Flickr

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Yes, The range is very short if you don't have this connected. I ran into this by forgetting to reconnect it.

DP

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,661 Posts
The antenna is a single wire that plugs into that unit, and goes into the back of the top half of the back seat (the part that folds down). That is stock. I bet that antenna can be found online for cheap, I just dont know what you would search for

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, The range is very short if you don't have this connected. I ran into this by forgetting to reconnect it.

DP
I looked under the seat but there is nothing for the antenna... is the antenna just some extended wire? it looks like i can just grab an old RCA cable and make one

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The antenna is a single wire that plugs into that unit, and goes into the back of the top half of the back seat (the part that folds down). That is stock. I bet that antenna can be found online for cheap, I just dont know what you would search for
I checked toyota catalog but there's nothing... I guess I can use any non-shielded RCA cable to make one. at least it should work better than no range at all.

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,661 Posts
Should work fine, Ive never used mine but I am willing to bet your range will increase substantially depending on routing

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,555 Posts
is the antenna just some extended wire? it looks like i can just grab an old RCA cable and make one
I looked at mine, and it does indeed look like just an RCA cable with a long wire.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My 1995 had keyless and the antenna should be connected. It is a large gauge ( maybe 22 awg) wire that lives under the back seats. You will clearly see it when they are removed. It should work from 50 yds away without issues.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The antenna wire is missing in my car for some reason....

I just tested it with some random non-shielded RCA cable, it works perfect. just need to figure out how to route the wire next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts