Supra Forums banner
241 - 260 of 294 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Thanks for sharing! The new lights are awesome. Nice to see everybody still rolling their sweet rides in the islands just as I'm getting ready to store mine for the winter :)
the only issue is the weather, im over this whole tropical climate thing.

it will rain in a 1 mile radius and everywhere else is bone dry, sucks... cant really trust the weather app.

but having summer year round kinda makes up for it.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
if anybody that reads this build thread is interested in the
headlights with halos
bumper lights with led strips
tail lights with oem style halos

go to instagram or facebook and hit up @supraledrears , so we can keep out cars a bit up to date at least in the lighting department.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Had some issues with machine for the window, had it greased up, the cable replaced and modded by changing things from plastic to metal

We couldn't finish the job because the guy put in the machinery backwards, tomorrow will be finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
346 Posts
The only part of the power window I have ever had to replace on a Toyota was the regulator and cable. You can buy it separately from the motor for a reasonable price new. I have never had the motor go bad. Most of the time when I approach a Toyota dealer about buying the regulator they always try to sell the complete regulator/motor assy which is probably not needed. I usually have to insist to the parts guy to just look up the regulator separately.

So whatever you do save the motors and reuse! Probably still just fine.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
The only part of the power window I have ever had to replace on a Toyota was the regulator and cable. You can buy it separately from the motor for a reasonable price new. I have never had the motor go bad. Most of the time when I approach a Toyota dealer about buying the regulator they always try to sell the complete regulator/motor assy which is probably not needed. I usually have to insist to the parts guy to just look up the regulator separately.

So whatever you do save the motors and reuse! Probably still just fine.
there are some guys out here that do magic repairing and reusing everything from the complete regulator/motor assy. they put everything back together and its going better than new.

will have to refresh the passengers side soon so everything is in tip top shape.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
new things are coming.
going to modify a rep rdx front bumper to one that I saw a while ago on a car from japan.

will post a pic of the bumper before and after transformation.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
This is the rdx style bumper and how it looks now

This is the japanese car that inspired me to modify it

This is a modified rdx bumper with a modified as racing lip although when he perfected it he made the bottom of the bumper flat so it wouldn't drop so low with the lip

Will post pics once mine is done and do a small comparison to see how close it got to becoming the bumper that inspired it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 294 Posts