Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my origional gold badges about a year and a half ago. I recently purchased new silver and was woundering if anyone can help me with some measurements on the location of the front fender badges? From what it looks like in many pics the center of the 15th badge is even with the top of the front wheel well. I cannot tell how far from the door gap to place the edge of the sticker. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
What made you decide to put them back on? I took mine off the same night I bought the car. Left the one on the inside though. Actually I debagged the entire car from the outside, just left the Toyota sign.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just measured mine. They are 5.5 inches from the door seam, and the bottom of the black portion of the sticker that says "15th anniversary" is even with the top of the wheel well (i used a 4 foot level to check that part, i didnt just eyeball it). I just hope mine are in the right place. YOu might wait for someone else to reply, just to make sure we are all in agreement.

EDIT: In the spot that michaelvanle measured 7.5 inches down, mine is 8 inches.

Here, i borrowed a pic off the web to illustrate......

·
11,221 Posts
I guess it depends on which part you measure. As you go closer to the door jam, you will notice the hood area rises, so the distance will be greater. That's why I opted to take pics. That way you can use your own tape measure and put it up to EXACTLY where I put mine.

If you look at the 2nd pic, you will notice where it fender meets the hood, it rises up at an angle. So depending on where you measure, you will get diff lengths.

·
Registered
615 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I guess it depends on which part you measure. As you go closer to the door jam, you will notice the hood area rises, so the distance will be greater. That's why I opted to take pics. That way you can use your own tape measure and put it up to EXACTLY where I put mine.

If you look at the 2nd pic, you will notice where it fender meets the hood, it rises up at an angle. So depending on where you measure, you will get diff lengths.
Yes, there is a curvature to the door seam. So depending on how far down from the top the sticker is, it could be different distances to the door seam.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot for all the help. I'm going to use a lazer level to shoot a line from the top of the wheel well over to get my center. From the point where the lazer intersects the door gap measure over to get the edge of the badge

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Luckily, I have an authentic set of the 15th Anny/LE badges from Toyota here. They come with a positioning/alignment sheet and here's what it says:

For the 15th Anniversary badge:
- 210 mm from the Fender Top Edge (Fender/Hood gap) to the top right edge/corner of the badge.
- 137 mm from the Fender/Door Gap to the right edge of the badge

For the Limited Edition badge:
- Align bottom of the Limited Edition logo to the top edge of 15th Anniversary badge

Use a flexible tape measure to get accurate and proper distances and you're good to go. :)

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
Luckily, I have an authentic set of the 15th Anny/LE badges from Toyota here. They come with a positioning/alignment sheet and here's what it says:

For the 15th Anniversary badge:
- 210 mm from the Fender Top Edge (Fender/Hood gap) to the top right edge/corner of the badge.
- 137 mm from the Fender/Door Gap to the right edge of the badge

For the Limited Edition badge:
- Align bottom of the Limited Edition logo to the top edge of 15th Anniversary badge

Use a flexible tape measure to get accurate and proper distances and you're good to go. :)
very nice

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Rocky!
Incase someone else was woundering 210mm = 8.26772 inches
137mm = 5.39370 inches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts