Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first off, does anyone know the part #'s i need for these... i called jay marks and the guy i talked to said theres no such thing as a harness. its called a repair cable or some shit and i have to modify and splice some wires to make it work...??

also once i get the part i need, does anyone know of a write up on how to install them? i thought mkiv.christurner.net had one but i looked and i couldnt find it, but maybe im just blind.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Hmmm...I called Jay Marks and got mine no problem. Be sure to ask for Jeff and tell him you need the stuff to make 97-98 signals work on a 93-95 and he can hook you up. You will have to splice your old turn signal wiring tho, but it is very easy. The new signals have 2 different bulbs in them and one is supposed to be used for your running light which is in that little half egg shaped thing in your current light cluster. I just decided to make both of the bulbs in the new turn signal both turn signals and spliced them together to the factory wiring for the signal. One other thing, with the old signal there are 3 screw locations holding them in. 2 going straight back and 1 holding up top. The new signal will not have the 1 going up, but rather going out to the side. You can either cut into your front fascia for the mount or do what I did which was to remove the side mount screw(it just unscrews) and use 3m double sided foam tape across the front top of the signal. Works like a charm and you cant even see the foam tape.

Whew, sorry for being so long winded. Hope that helps, if you need more info just pm me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts