Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, i searched but couldnt find what i needed. i am putting them in and things were going good, i just am having trouble connecting the wires with the little red wire taps, I am here (at what the pic says below), can anybody help??? please dont say connect the two with the red tap inbetween. I know that is what i need to do, i just cant figure out how??? it slips out, should i tape it or what.

·
ABM
497 Posts
electric tape is your friend...

:)

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put them together with the red taps and taped them in place perfectly. I then tried to test it out, still no luck, none of my signals or hazard lights work. Is it possible that both of the new turn signals have to be on before it works, or should I have not stripped the wires before putting them in the red tap. Should I have put the wires into the tap with a fresh cut with the green or white hosing all the way to the end of the wire. PLEASE help.

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
It shouldn't have caused a problem by stripping it. Test your bulbs with new ones. If the original lights worked these should too. (unless the bulbs are spent)

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem solved, thanks for your help, i had just blown a fuse. i'm without a radio until i get a new one :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
if you think thatis bad wait till you swap the head lights.. I did the them at the same time.. Had shit all over the place.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Xenon Supra - I PM'ed you but your mail is full, so...........

I have the wires already so I just need to start cutting :D
But wait.........when you order these lights from the dealer, they only supply you with a harness connected to the right light, and the left doesnt have anything but the sockets. Is this all you had??? I talked to a guy at the dealership and supposedly this is normal that only the right comes with the wires <----- WTF is that all about???

Thanks whoever,
sean

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
blkturbo! said:
Xenon Supra - I PM'ed you but your mail is full, so...........

I have the wires already so I just need to start cutting :D
But wait.........when you order these lights from the dealer, they only supply you with a harness connected to the right light, and the left doesnt have anything but the sockets. Is this all you had??? I talked to a guy at the dealership and supposedly this is normal that only the right comes with the wires <----- WTF is that all about???

Thanks whoever,
sean

^^Bump^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts