Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
yea i have them in mine. they are not as "Good" if oyu look at them side beseide, but once they are on the car who cares..

Also you will have to trim in the inside of the lights to get the bulbs to lock in.. takes abotu 10min a light...

Also make sure you keep the bolt and screws out of the old factory lights... you will need to re use them. or at least i had to.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
They work perfectly. I got em on without any hassle. :D Bought em' off ebay too..

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Yea, I got mine, too.. they fit very perfect and I have it like more than one year and it still look like shining and good looking and no scratch.. :D

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I have them too.

Not that good quality, the lights werent 100% similar and as KERR said you have to trim the inside of the light to get the 94-96 blinkers to fit.

They look great on the car and I dont think anyone can tell they arent OEM.

Krister

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i have them also and am pretty satisfied with the lights. My only complaint is that there is only 2 mounting points with these versions. I believe the oem spec turn sigs have a third mounting point which secures the light better someone correct me if I am wrong. No matter how much I tighten the lights down, there seems to be a little gap between the bumper and the light. I guess you can say the lights sag down. Well that is how it is on my car anyway.

carlo

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
balticMKIV, is correct.. what i did was stop at the parts store, get a roll of double sided stickey tape, 3M its like $5.00 then when you get the old lights off wipe off the inside of the bumper then go back over with alcohol any brand will work, ( not vodka) then do the same to the light. I ran the tape from side to side over the top of mine. then when i put them in the tap will help hold them.

see in this picture, the bolt came off and the tape is holding it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/80282660/80282756GkwqRS

anyway i used the tape with the bolt and get them real tight.. sould work no problem

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Kerr is the light on the passanger side lower than the driver side..?

Do you have to take the bumper off to install them?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You do not need to take out the bumper to install the lights. Just take out the head lights and you will be able to access the bolts.

carlo

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
I have the front 97-98 clear signals on my piece. They have all three factory-style mounting studs. I know this because I had to cut slots in my 94 bumper to accept the studs.

I have the side front and rear markers, too. I use amber bulbs front AND rear because the red 194 bulbs I bought for the rears glow pink. :rolleyes:

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
Personaly I like stock :D

steve

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've got them and they work a treat. As mentioned, you'll need to cut the plastic around the actual light bulb to make them fit. It will take you all up about 20 mins to ermvoe the old ones and install the newies. :D

·
Wheel Whore
2,317 Posts
I just installed these on my car last night and I absolutely love them. They looke so much better going with my new black paint job. I had to remove the side screw and now I have to trim the insides to make the other bulbs fit but yeah alot better than the oem imo.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The reason why you are getting that "drooping" effect with the lights is because on the 93-96 Supras, there is an upper mounting point and two side points. On this replica of the 97-98 light, there are a total of 3 side points. You have to drill into the bumper for the third point to eliminate the drooping. A stock 97-98 bumper already has the 3rd point.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Hua said:
The reason why you are getting that "drooping" effect with the lights is because on the 93-96 Supras, there is an upper mounting point and two side points. On this replica of the 97-98 light, there are a total of 3 side points. You have to drill into the bumper for the third point to eliminate the drooping. A stock 97-98 bumper already has the 3rd point.
I'll give you an A+ :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts