Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another question about the NA's seeing im new to this. I read all boards and cant seem to find any info on the 97-98 VVTI Twin turbo supra engine. I was wondering if this would be any deifferent than a normal tt into an NA swap. I do believe that its a OBDII? How would that work anyone know if anyone has done it? Thanks for the research help.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
I have have a 98 VVT-i na supra. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty darn sure that VVT-I was only for the NA's. Don't think there is such thing as a factory vvti twin turbo engine from toyota.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In 97, they started making the TT VVTi over in Japan. Only a J-Spec 97 and on will have it.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But will it go into the NA as easy as a regular 2jzgte? And what are the differences in the two?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Goingtogetasupra said:
But will it go into the NA as easy as a regular 2jzgte? And what are the differences in the two?

so far no one in the US have done the swap for a 2JZ GTTE VVTi. The wiring diagram is mainly the problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 US twin turbo supra didn't come with vvt-i.

2 J-spec cars harness has a different lenght (shorter) then the us-spec cars. This is because the J-spec cars are right hand drive.

3 if you want to swap a vvt-i engine in to a us-spec car you will have to look for a us-spec (longer) harness suitable for that vvt-i engine and its ecu. (I don't know if it is possible to get one in the European market. I don't think you will get it).

4 if you want to swap j-spec tt engine into a us-spec NA supra, better go with a non vvt-i engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts