Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It takes a real man, seriously, to post that video. Hat is off to you!

·
Registered
388 Posts
MrSwede said:
It takes a real man, seriously, to post that video. Hat is off to you!
Agreed:) Great vid.!!! Thanks for posting. Your car sounds great. I hope to see the others soon.

·
Hardtopper
2,479 Posts
I don't know what consitutes 'BPU' for a 996 but the one in the video only has aftermarket diverter valves.

Good death. :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn that's a nice video, both of the cars sound great. That porshe is badass. do anyone know what it has run or can run??

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yeah, my hat is off too :) Thanks for posting that cool vid.

What does your friend do for a living? If you don't mind me asking, cause his car isent cheap ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe he ran 12.6 @ 11xxx easy out of the hole. I don't know what he does for a living, but he's a real nice guy, not what i would expect from a young guy driving such a nice car :D He envy's the sound of my car, I envy the pure beauty and power of his. Sickkkk car.

·
4,109 Posts
Trust me, you don't want to go through what Brandon had to in order to afford that car. I'm just glad he's still with us:)

·
3,466 Posts
Jermiah, you're an idiot! We almost get arrested and you go out for some more racing. HARDCORE! I guess this was after I left?

Call me next time, I was still pumped and would have jumped in! I thought everyone was pretty much done for the night.

·
Got Boost?
141 Posts
HellBringer said:
I don't know what consitutes 'BPU' for a 996 but the one in the video only has aftermarket diverter valves.

Good death. :cool:
Yep, all I have are diverter valves. The factor ones were leaking, so I bought some aftermarket ones so that I could hold boost at stock levels. Everything else is bone stock.

·
Got Boost?
141 Posts
slammed97cobra said:
I believe he ran 12.6 @ 11xxx easy out of the hole. I don't know what he does for a living, but he's a real nice guy, not what i would expect from a young guy driving such a nice car :D He envy's the sound of my car, I envy the pure beauty and power of his. Sickkkk car.
Damn straight I envy the sound of it! I only have a 3.6L flat-6 with the stock exhaust; it doesn't even compare. It looks so bad-ass lowered. That is the only body style of the Cobra that I truly like.

The runs at the track were with leaking diverter (Blow off valves that vent back into the system) valves (since fixed) and an easy, launch at around 2700-3000rpm which netted me 1.9x 60ft times (sad for an AWD car, really). With a 4500-5000rpm launch, I could probably get into the high 1.7x or low 1.8x 60fts and pull my 1/4 mile time down into the 12.3-12.4s area. I got(get) such horrible wheel hop when I launch that I wanted to take it easy and not break any tranny/motor mounts.

Thanks for the runs, though. It was a lot of fun and the video is great. Your car is incredible. I still can't get over the sound of your exhaust...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts