Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE SEARCHED this to death, and found mixed answers.

Once and for all, what's the easiest way to do a non-OEM cone filter intake for a 97 that replaces the stock airbox? Lexus IS300's aftermarkets I heard don't work, nor do pre 97's for that matter. Only thing I heard does is Lexus GS300, anyone done that before?

Shooting for something like this, only with a max air box...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
damn that picture is still hosted hahah. I'm actually selling that intake tube with a custom tig welded bracket. If you want it i can ship it out hopefully next week its only the tube no filter and no vaccuum hoses for 100 bucks OBO + shipping let me know if you want it. I had to tap it with a brass fitting with jb weld just to make sure its air tight because the 97-98 had one extra vaccuum hose that the gs 300 didn't.

Oh yah and what Garland did MKIVsoopra whne he had NA is he mocked up an airbox using cardboard and then went to Osh got some aluminum/tin sheets and cut out your box and then go and get insulation to protect your intake from the heat. It just takes time.

What i did instead was pull out the sidemount hole cover and ran air dryer hose down to the opening of the front bumper, sitting in heat will cause heat soak but when yo uare moving it really pics up nice cold air, becareful tho cuz rainy days will cause you to suck up water. Its really up to you and your creativity. the only plus about getting max air is that its prebuilt for you but you can make something for 1/9th of the price that works just as decent.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i know for a fact that won;t work on a 98. The 98 is a once peice box and pipe with the MAF on it. Haven;t looked at how the 97's are set up but it won;t work for a 98 and by looking at your maf that wouldn;t work for my intake either. Maybe the 98 has a different maf. Street teaser what year is your supra ?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
streetraser2002 said:
97. i had a big old airbox in there before. check out the airbox on my car domain account completely stock, then look at it after with just the filter on it

http://www.cardomain.com/id/streetraser2002
Looking good, nice job, looks clean :bigthumb:

BTW: are you back in Southern Cal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts