Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Curt, I tried to lock my glove box and it ain't locking. It twisted my key. I got this key since I bought the car a while back. Now I was wondering if this is like a "valet key" (if there's such a thing for the Supra)?

If this is a valet key, can you make me a "master key" or something that'll lock/unlock the glovebox?

-----

Also while I'm at it. Do you know the part number for the rubber o-ring that attaches the rear exhaust to the car? It looks like a donut kinda. There's 2 of them that hold the rear exhaust up.

·
Premium Member
46,548 Posts
90301-36002 HANGER LIST 8.12 COST 6.00 EA X 2
90999-00185 KEY, MASTER LIST 9.18 COST 6.79 EA { I need the vin to make one]

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Curt, items came in today, thanks. I thought I was missing a few items though. I ordered 2 master keys, but only 1 came. Also I ordered 2 exhaust hangers, but also only received 1.

1. Can you email me my invoice? [email protected]
2. The master key that is sent to me, it only locks/unlocks the glovebox, but it cannot unlock the doors or start the engine, is that normal? I thought a masterkey does everything.

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,778 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Hey Curt, items came in today, thanks. I thought I was missing a few items though. I ordered 2 master keys, but only 1 came. Also I ordered 2 exhaust hangers, but also only received 1.

1. Can you email me my invoice? [email protected]
2. The master key that is sent to me, it only locks/unlocks the glovebox, but it cannot unlock the doors or start the engine, is that normal? I thought a masterkey does everything.
Thats a Valet key, Toyota makes them for their high end cars to give to your housekeeper. In my case Lexus gave me 5 different keys. :fawk:

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TrueSlideXL said:
Thats a Valet key, Toyota makes them for their high end cars to give to your housekeeper. In my case Lexus gave me 5 different keys. :fawk:
So you saying there's:
1. ignition key (functions but can't open glovebox)
2. glovebox key (can only open glovebox, NOTHING ELSE)
3. master key (does both 1 and 2)

Well, I thought what I was getting was the master key, but it only opens glovebox.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
so if i give you my VIN you can have a key made for me? (thinks of gone in 60 seconds) MUHAHAHA but no, i dont have the origional key, this 1 was ground not laser cut and its giving me a handfull of problems and ill need a new one soon.. so is it possible to have a key cut to my VIN thatl open doors, ignition, and glove box?

·
Premium Member
46,548 Posts
Mike,

I'll send another exhaust ring out today, our mistake.

The key I had made was a MASTER for all locks.

Master key = doors, ign, glove box , and hatch.

Valet key = doors, ign only.

I conclude that since the key I had made you from your VIN is correct, and works in the glove box, your outer key cylinders have probably been re-keyed by the previous owner.

·
Premium Member
46,548 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
so if i give you my VIN you can have a key made for me? (thinks of gone in 60 seconds) MUHAHAHA but no, i dont have the origional key, this 1 was ground not laser cut and its giving me a handfull of problems and ill need a new one soon.. so is it possible to have a key cut to my VIN thatl open doors, ignition, and glove box?

Yes I cna make a new key from the VIN.{so can any dealer}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts