Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curt, could you take a look at these pics and give me a price quote with shipping to 92139 with parts i would need to get the frame back to specs. don't need any suspension or body parts. just any frame or support stuff.

thanks,

rom

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Won't it be easier and faster if you made out a list for Curt instead of him looking through the pictures and finding out the parts you'll need. I'm sure you'll know better since you can view the car first hand and some things could be missed just by looking at the pictures.

Just a thought.:)

BTW, Curt. I ended up sending it out today. You'll have it early next week. U DA MAN!!:D:D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would be easier if i did have the car but i don't. i'm thinking of buying this from a forum member for a decent price so i need a "guestimation" on how much in parts i would need to get the frame back into shape.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Oh, in that case. I retract my previous statement. I thought you had this car already next to your supra. At first, I thought you got into an accident with your supra. Best of luck with both of your cars.

·
11,221 Posts
Man you should delete this post. You'll have Curt waste HOURS looking up parts #'s for what's missing, and who knows if he'll even get all of it. And on top of that, after he gets you the part#'s you might not even buy the car??

That's asking too much.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
michaelvanle, i doubt it will take curt to hours to quote me frame parts... but curt can only say so how about we just let him answer me...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would have to agree with Michaelvanle on this one. Being a "parts" uy myself I know when someone is about to waste my time. If Elmhurst is anything like most companies he is probable on a small commision basis and I dont think it is right to ask him to do this. Dood, if you think you are getting the car for an amazing price I would say budget anywhere from $2-4K for the extra parts you need and if it still a good deal go for it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
huffer said:
I would have to agree with Michaelvanle on this one. Being a "parts" uy myself I know when someone is about to waste my time. If Elmhurst is anything like most companies he is probable on a small commision basis and I dont think it is right to ask him to do this. Dood, if you think you are getting the car for an amazing price I would say budget anywhere from $2-4K for the extra parts you need and if it still a good deal go for it. Just my 2 cents.
wow, this is turning into a long thread. really though, how many people who post in this for parts quote really come through and buy. i doubt they all do... so hense i guess they are waisting some of curt's time. it's not like asking for a quote means you have to buy. i've ask curt plenty numerous times for quotes. i've bought parts and didn't buy parts when i asked for the quotes.

all in all, i need a general idea what i'm going to spend parts wise to get the frame back to specs and since i've been using curt as a oem parts source, i'm going to ask him and not the local dealerships because they just waste your time with crappy customer service. i'll leave it up to curt to judge if this is waisting his time. it's not like he has to answer anyones request. if decide to buy the car then curt will be the one i buy from and that's.

like in my first thread curt, i just need a "quote" on frame or supports stuff like the radiator support bar and nothing else.

S

·
0 Posts
53702-14941 Apron S/a List 520.21 Cost 384.68
53701-14939 Apron S/a List 520.21 Cost 384.68
53205-14110 Support S List 151.84 Cost 112.27
57104-24021 Member Su List 161.51 Cost 119.70
Total Parts-$1001.33 Shipping I Dont Know

This Is The Right And Left Frame Supports And The Upper And Lower Front Supports. You Are Going To Have To Put The Car On A Frame Machine And Pull It To See What Else You Will Need.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts