Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Update time. Replaced the union bolt with one that is tapped. Got that all bolted up for the oil feed.
Liquid Asphalt Road surface Electric blue Office supplies

Went ahead and ran the feed line to make sure there are no clearance issues. Threw the valve covers back on after some paint.

Also installed one of the more important parts, the Supra V World Coil on Plug kit. This kit plugs into the factory igniter plug, then you add the wires to the back of the ecu.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Car

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

· From the land down under
5,639 Posts
I was meaning the intake cam cover is different between non vvti and vvti, and they are quite expensive nowadays. The plastic vvti coil cover isnt too spendy last time I checked, but prices seem to go up by the day

5,639 Posts
Can you please show me how the LS core mounts at the top and bottom please? I bought the same core, too, but it is sadly for a different chassis so the mounts arent in the right places, and I would love to see where I need to put the new mounts to work with the JZA80. Cheers :)

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Can you please show me how the LS core mounts at the top and bottom please? I bought the same core, too, but it is sadly for a different chassis so the mounts arent in the right places, and I would love to see where I need to put the new mounts to work with the JZA80. Cheers :)
The first picture where the intercooler is showing you can see that top mount bolt. It also uses a spacer from the kit and some washers. I'll get a pic of the underside mount position for you.

· Registered
108 Posts
Im sorry if you posted it already, i must have missed it. But which turbo,manifold and downpipe are you using?

-edit- nvm im an idiot, its the XS power kit. How is the fitment on an RHD car? My car is a twin of yours (1999 sz in moonstone pearl 6N0) and im looking to do almost exactly what you are doing. Does the bolt-on downpipe fit well? And will you leave the wastegate to dump to atmosphere or recirculated?

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Im sorry if you posted it already, i must have missed it. But which turbo,manifold and downpipe are you using?

-edit- nvm im an idiot, its the XS power kit. How is the fitment on an RHD car? My car is a twin of yours (1999 sz in moonstone pearl 6N0) and im looking to do almost exactly what you are doing. Does the bolt-on downpipe fit well? And will you leave the wastegate to dump to atmosphere or recirculated?
Don't get the manifold. Pay a bit more and get a 6boost mani. Too many fitment issues with the oil drain and compressor housing.

The downpipe is fine since you'll likely need fabrication anyways.

If I were to do it all over again, I would buy a kit like garagewhifbitz NA-T kit or Power House Racing. It's not worth the money you save piecing it together, if you even save any money. This is the best advice I can give you. Get a lot, or atleast get a better quality manifold than the China ones.

The DP doesn't match the midpipe since I welded a 1 inch spacer to the manifold. The dump tube will be recirculation so I can pass japanese bi-yearly inspection.

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The original plan was to do the GTE ECU mod, but that has changed to a full standalone. Will be going with the Link G4X plug n play ECU.

I was planning on running the DODO Racing Lower Runners, but that would limit me on injector sizes due to the design of the rail and spacing. Swapping to a FFIM with
some ID 1050X Injectors. This requires a battery relocation and moving the Power Steering Res.

Kitchen utensil Hood Cutlery Hand tool Automotive exterior

Output device Office equipment Office supplies Material property Gadget

Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Material property Gadget
Sleeve Wood Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Electric blue
Purple Automotive lighting Material property Gas Tints and shades

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
A great opportunity came up to snag a BPA manifold, so going to remove the XS Power and put that up for sale. Ordered a second 45mm Turbo Smart WG along with another dump tube. This should allow me to run stable low boost pressure, which was a concern with the design of the XS Power manifold.

Handwriting Font Jewellery Wood Metal

5,639 Posts
Great new parts hoard you have for there mate :)

When I went to an FFIM, I hated the relocation work, but at least you dont need to move the fuse box for the one you bought

41 - 60 of 86 Posts