Supra Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Pulled the lower intake runners off, removed the plastic cover on the wiring harness. Going to run the wiring underneath the manifold. It was insanely difficult to remove the starter plug.

Unfortunately I rounded the fuel damper bolt so will have to get creative with removing that.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold

Here you can see how I routed the coolant hose around the block. I chose to connect the throttle body coolant line together versus caping them using a 3/8 line.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Auto part Computer hardware

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Got the BPA manifold in the mail and mounted up. Waiting on PHR lower radiator hose, as this one kinks when you rotate the lower thermostat housing.

Also got the FFIM all bolted down with the injectors and rail hooked up. Coming together slowly.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Auto part

Automotive exhaust Wood Sculpture Metal Auto part

Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Bicycle handlebar Wood Bicycle part Rim Cylinder

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood

· From the land down under
5,639 Posts
Great progress :) I also removed the wiring plastic casing that runs between the intake manifold runners, so I could put the loom below the lower runners and run the injector wires up from below, so its way tidier...especially if you clock your injectors to face down on a diagonal angle.

Why is your lower radiator hose so kinked at the bend?

· Old School
4,441 Posts
He probably needs to cut a few inches off so it will fit with the rotated water neck.

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Great progress :) I also removed the wiring plastic casing that runs between the intake manifold runners, so I could put the loom below the lower runners and run the injector wires up from below, so its way tidier...especially if you clock your injectors to face down on a diagonal angle.

So I rotated the thermostat housing to make clearance for the manifold. This puts the lower hose in a crazy position. Even trimming it doesn't let it sit in the best position so I ordered the PHR replacement made for this.

***note, this hose and rotator doesnt work on the NA waterneck housing.

Font Tool Office supplies Musical instrument accessory Auto part

· Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I tried man but I'm not comfortable with how easy it can slide off the housing so I just ordered the phr one.

The last photo is with the hose trimmed.
Did you just shave off that little notch on the water neck or, how did you clock it down and bolt it up? My radiator hose currently sits up against the IC pipe and the DriftMotions adapter I got doesn't fit right :/

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Ended up not using the PHR hose and waterneck rotator as it doesnt fit the GE thermostat housing. Got the throttle cable hooked up, but had to make a custom bracket, which was easy with a piece of aluminum. Installed the PHR PS Relocation kit, which worked perfectly.
White Automotive tire Water Road surface Asphalt

Road surface Automotive tire Gesture Asphalt Tar

Hood Motor vehicle Blue Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The major component of this NA-T build would be the cam sensor kit. I know some are going to have their complaints about it, but it replicates the GTE cam sensor positioning so you can do the gte ecu mod, or go with a standalone with a GTE base map. Supra V World provides this kit along with my current Coil on Plug kit.
Eyewear Font Automotive tire Audio equipment Jewellery

Luckily, I already had a GTE oil pump so I skipped a lot of the modification portion of this kit, but from the video, its not too big of an ordeal. Got the cams installed and everything else was plug in play minus drilling holes in the front plastic cover, which I botched. I already previously installed the 36-2 crank gear so I kept that versus using the 12 tooth that I got with the Cam Kit.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Light

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Went ahead and swapped the second wastegate spring from the 14 psi to the 7 psi. I'm still high compression on the ge headgasket, so 7psi as base pressure should be solid for my goals.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Sports equipment Automotive wheel system Aluminum can

Also ordered one of the BTI gauges which is plug n play into my link g4x plug in ecu. Something to note for S2 RHD guys, you need to make sure you select the S2 analog clock gauge. I had to trim mine a bit still to fit the different panel types, but I got it fitted.

Data transfer cable Gadget Font Computer data storage Adapter

Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design Gauge Vehicle

Speedometer Vehicle Car Odometer Steering part

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Got the link g4x ecu installed. Grabbed mine from wiring specialties as they had it in stock. Paired it up with the TB Developments billet ecu cover, which fit nicely and means I dont have to disassemble a gte ecu for it's cover.
Space Plastic Font Rectangle Electric blue

Output device Rectangle Netbook Eyewear Font

Notice those white wires in the ecu plug. Those are from the COP and the CAM Kit. They slot right into the connector. Super easy. You dont even have to remove any wires.

Trunk Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Trunk Bag Cable Electrical wiring Wire

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Annnnd the engine bay is pretty much done on my end. The car will get towed to the tuning shop for piping fabrication and standalone sensor installation along with the tune. Took advantage of the exchange rate and got a significant discount on all this work (Japan). Tune is scheduled for december so if all goes well, the car will be done before the end of the year. Just have to sort out a fuel leak at the filter from the new fuel line.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Car gets towed to the tuner tomorrow.

Sorted out the fuel pump today. Swapped over to the walbro 255, which should suit my current needs. Was quite easy to change the fuel pump.
Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Gas Electric blue
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Blue Tire Road surface Automotive tire Wood
Automotive tire Hood Wood Bumper Electrical wiring

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 86 Posts