Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1997 Toyota Supra, 53k, 6 speed

This Supra is one of the most well know out there. The car is a great weekend driver. It not only has a lot of horsepower, but can put it all down to the ground with the 355 drag radials. It will win a lot of local car show too.

The car made its first appearance in Turbo magazine in early 2000, generating a dyno-verified 655 rwhp. By early 2001, the exterior of the car had been further modified with a vented Veilside hood and custom venting to the Bomex nose cap. The car was also repainted for the third time, resulting in a stunning electric blue/purple pearl exterior that really enhances the wide body look of the car. It was at this point the vehicle appeared on the cover of Turbo magazine ( and for the second time in that magazine) in March 2001, developing 699 rwhp in the process. Since then it has been in a few other magazines such as Fast Fours and Rotary’s, and appears every month in Turbo Magazine’s advertisement. It won best of show at SILV 2003, and has won a lot of local car shows too. Today the car lays down 733 whp.

The car just had all the maintance stuff done. We are just waiting on a new RPS Carbon Carbon clutch which will be in next week, then the car will be good as new. We just polished some of the engine parts too. Compression and leakdown are good, car is ready to be ripped on. I made 1 pass at the dragstrip in it at 21 PSI, it ran a [email protected], then I got kicked out for no cage. The car hooks and is FAST.

THIS IS NOT A SCAM. This car is sitting in our shop ready to be sold. Please call (503) 289-4020, or email [email protected] for anymore info or questions.

ENGINE:
HKS GT2835 twin turbo kit
Custom downpipe
HKS Racing BOV
Greddy 3 Row FMIC
HKS 264 Camshafts
HKS Cam gears
HKS Twin Power DLI
GReddy underdrive pulley
NGK Sparkplugs
PWR Radiator
HKS Titanium Exhaust
HKS metal head gasket

FUEL:
Twin HKS fuel pumps
1000cc Injectors
Aeromotive fuel regulator
Aeroquip lines

ELECTRONICS:
HKS Vpro
HKS A/F knock amp
HKS Navigator Pro
HKS EVC Pro boost controller
HKS Turbo Timer

DRIVETRAIN:
RPS Carbon Carbon Clutch
C's short throw shifter

BRAKES/CHASSIS:
Tein HA Coilovers
TRD front strut tower brace
Cusco carbon fiber rear strut brace
Brembo Brakes (Front)

WHEELS/TIRES:
Veilside Andrew Racing F Wheels
18"x11" front - 18"x13" rear
355 BFG Drag radials in rear

INTERIOR:
TRD 10,000 RPM Tach
GReddy 3 bar boost gauge
GReddy EGT gauge
GReddy Fuel Pressure gauge
GReddy Air/fuel ratio gauge
GReddy Temperature gauge
SPE Intercooler temperature gauge
Momo Millennium Steering wheel
Veilside Gear knob
Sparco Black Leather seats
Custom insert for on door panels and rear seat
Carbon Fiber Dash trim package

EXTERIOR:
Custom-fabricated sheet metal body kit
JDM All Carbon Fiber wing

·
Your Mustang has a WHAT?!
467 Posts
Hey Tim, is there a reason its tuned for the mid to high 12's under WOT?
Beautiful car though.
Dan

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Hey Tim, is there a reason its tuned for the mid to high 12's under WOT?
Beautiful car though.
Dan
It is tuned for 11.8-12.0 on 114 leaded race gas. It appears our dyno wideband was reading a bit leaner (it can read up to .5 lean depending on car/exhaust config) so we typically just use it as a reference to back up the onboard wideband and to put the fuel curve on the graph.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Great looking car. I am wondering why the power curve looks lacking. The power really drops off the last 1500rpm or so it appears?

·
All Access Motorsports
1,593 Posts
Man, I was waiting for this thread. I had talked to your dad at the WOTM invitational when he told me he was thinking of selling this beast.

Good luck with the Sale !!!

·
THE KING OF BIG TWINS
539 Posts
SOLD!

Amit

·
All Access Motorsports
1,593 Posts
HOLY CRAP !! You own like every car I have ever wanted.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
Amit, great purchase. I rode in Bill's old car back in Vegas a few years back (maybe 2004??) Great car, nicest owner you could ever want to meet.

You've got a nice stable going there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts