Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tonight I was able to pull the upper and lower oilpans. Tomorrow I'm taking the intake maifold an y-pipe to get the egr holes welded up from a friend who works at a machine shop, will also be drilling and welding a oil return adapter to the upper oil pan. Next job is to pull the head off and clean the valve covers and other miscellaneous items.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
More progress, installed cometic hg, arp headstuds, lower and upper oil pans and mocked up some things.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Alright got a bit more done tonight, installed camshafts, cam gears, timing belt, distributor, fuel injectors and lower intake manifold. Question..... I am also deleting my egr, I have already welded the egr port closed on both tje y-pipe and lower IM. There is a air tank undernieth the lower IM. What is this and can I get rid of it?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
She's back in, got everything mocked up and just put in my walbro 255 pump today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When are we going to see its first crank :D ive alsot started to collect my parts for NA-T although im going FFIM and removing the huge ass top mounted one. Still good thread!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
When are we going to see its first crank :D ive alsot started to collect my parts for NA-T although im going FFIM and removing the huge ass top mounted one. Still good thread!!
First crank will be awhile lol I'm guessing end of feb early march as I'm saving for a standalone right now. All that's left in the meantime is to install the clutch and transmission, which I'm waiting on my clutch to come in now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First crank will be awhile lol I'm guessing end of feb early march as I'm saving for a standalone right now. All that's left in the meantime is to install the clutch and transmission, which I'm waiting on my clutch to come in now.
Keeping it a w58??? Good trans just dont go to hard on it even with the clutch, 3rd gear tends to blow up if you push it :( swapping out a w58 for an r154 would be the best bang for your buck although it shifts like a rock compared to the butteryness of the stock trans its still good. Also going proefi or AEM?? Cheers!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Keeping it a w58??? Good trans just dont go to hard on it even with the clutch, 3rd gear tends to blow up if you push it :( swapping out a w58 for an r154 would be the best bang for your buck although it shifts like a rock compared to the butteryness of the stock trans its still good. Also going proefi or AEM?? Cheers!
Sticking with the w58 for now.... I bought a rather mild clutch to take it easier on the trans. I will be going with an aem hopefully series 2.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I recommend protecting your Throttle Body Coupler or getting a turbo blanket/heat shield because it sits on top of the turbo and will crack and leak over time. just personal experience when I was NA-T

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I recommend protecting your Throttle Body Coupler or getting a turbo blanket/heat shield because it sits on top of the turbo and will crack and leak over time. just personal experience when I was NA-T
Thank you for the heads up! I actually have a turbo blanket and also plan on wrapping the downpipe. Hot piping for the 2jzge is similar to my 95 turbo'd mustang........

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Seems I havnt been able to work on the Supra for awhile, Still waiting on my clutch to arrive, purchased from autoplicitiy on Sept 14th and still no clutch. Any how I did receive my catch can today, I got a smaller morrosso with a 6an fitting. The thing is plastic so I assume I could just thread in some 12an to go bigger? lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Welp the clutch I received is not what I was expecting so now the wait continues untill I find another to buy. Looking at competition stg 3 now....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ordered my ecu. Went with a AEM V1. Also decided on going FMIC, started to mock up the SMIC and just couldnt go through with it. I have the front bumper off so why not just get it done with? lol Will be making my own kit using universal pipes.

Clutch isnt getting orderd tell I get my refund for the last one. Still cant decide on a dang clutch.

21 - 40 of 259 Posts