Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I've dyno'ed 4-5 of my cars when they were stock and they were all 295 - 315 rwhp STOCK. The 98's were all below 300 and the others above (for some reason).
Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was asking because I got my car back from getting my hks safr installed then tuned and it only put out 307hp and 311 t. I had my downpipe on with no cats intake, exhaust and boost controller. The boost was set at stock but with all the extras its putting out about 15lbs instead of the normal 11-12. I guess I need to find where Im losing power. Either compression or boost leak.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ah yes the good 'ole days when trying to discover where I was losing power. One of the first things my brother and I did was to replace all hosing relating to the turbo system. Unfortunately for us, that didn't quite fix our problem . . . our turbos were tired, and the pressure tank was malfunctioning . . . long story short, we replaced the stock twins and went permanent TTC. We've been boosting consistently ever since. FWIW, we took the car to get dyno'd right after we got the problems sorted out . . . we were making 15psi and had an safc-II installed on the car with a dp and Apexi-GT spec exhaust . Our best run on pump gas was something like 347rwhp and 36xrwtq in 80degree heat.

Just be patient and look at one thing at a time. It took us a while to get to where we are now with the car.

EDIT: our car is an auto too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
^ patience pays off....
on my auto 95 tt still in sequential mode with boost controller, downpipe, and exhaust i made 350hp and 323lbs with 93k on the o/d
the numbers you put out also depend on whether conditions, and which kind of dyno you where on...

hey the worst that can happen is that you would have to go single:)

just run through the basics...do a leak down test and check the compression and work your way from there

·
Registered
557 Posts
^ patience pays off....
on my auto 95 tt still in sequential mode with boost controller, downpipe, and exhaust i made 350hp and 323lbs with 93k on the o/d
the numbers you put out also depend on whether conditions, and which kind of dyno you where on...

hey the worst that can happen is that you would have to go single:)

just run through the basics...do a leak down test and check the compression and work your way from there
Less TQ than HP seems odd on stock twins though. Normally i see the hp slightly lower than the TQ.

·
The Red Beast
250 Posts
gold copper supra

My 94 Auto bpu+ with 155k mile with 3800 stall CT with 91 pump gas put out 363 rwhp and 395 pound torque at 20 pound off boost.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Less TQ than HP seems odd on stock twins though. Normally i see the hp slightly lower than the TQ.
yea i found it kinda of awkward myself but i thought maybe they didnt hook up to the car right to get a proper tq reading...but thats ok because I recently installed an fmic, unorthodox cam gears, egr block plates, and the bcc which is still sitting around that i have to put in and hopefully an afc sometime soon...will post the numbers when i get it dynoed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts