Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the IS300 Standalone ECU’s are compatible to put in the 98’ SC300 2JZGE VVTI. I want to ask please help if possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most modern aftermarket ECU will run the VVTI motor but any harness particular to the IS300 might need to be modified to work for the SC.
so you’re saying I can get a EMU Black ECU with a harness from Tweaked performance? I know there was a few differences with the IS300 harness I forgot what they were. I know it’s a stupid question to ask but it’s best to ask now then regret buying it.

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
The wiring harnesses are different as are the ECU's. So the IS300 kit does not work in the late 90's SC/GS. If you're not into doing the wiring yourself I'd strongly recommend having an adapter harness made for you by a place like Tweak'd performance or similar.

·
boost life
2,520 Posts
Get the ecumasters black for supra or SC .it has vvti control and pin out . I have it in my car and so far runs well and extremely consistent

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wiring harnesses are different as are the ECU's. So the IS300 kit does not work in the late 90's SC/GS. If you're not into doing the wiring yourself I'd strongly recommend having an adapter harness made for you by a place like Tweak'd performance or similar.
I kinda figured. And I appreciate it I did more research and yeah I did go with Tweak’d performance and it’s more convenient also. Thank you. I did some wiring myself but I didn’t have time so I ended up just buying one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts