Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
865 Posts
Check for liquids in your spark plug valley, and check your distributor to see if the spark terminals are worn out.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Check for liquids in your spark plug valley, and check your distributor to see if the spark terminals are worn out.
98's dont have the distributor since toyota went with the VVTI in 98.

You may have better luck asking this question on a lexus forum since they see FAR MORE vvti motors (there are only ~300 vvti supras in existence)

try www.clublexus.com

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Change your plugs.:doh:
i changed the plugs and wires 10k ago. the only thing i did was changed out the header to aftermarket one on saturday and after that it started to act funny. u guys think i could have the o2 sensor mixed up?because on 123 theres 2 o2 sensors

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i took it to toyota. its gonna cost me 500 to find the problem. yea the only i did was unplug the o2 sensor and i took off teh throttle body. but i took the thing off so many times and everything looks right.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
also check all the grounds coming off the wiring harness if you haven't taken it in yet. Its very easy to miss one

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea its too late i already drop off the car. but on is300 net someone else who installed aftermarket headers and splice the o2 sensor to another and he was misfiring on 456 but i didnt splice any wires.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok u guys. i got a call from toyota. 1 of the o2 sensor got shorted out and that cause 123 to misfire. they said this was the first time they ever heard of it. so lets see what happens when they replace the o2 sensor. i will keep u guys updated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts