Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I know there are a million posts to go na-tt but I always get incomplete ansers. I have searched but I would like exact answers because I am going to be starting my swap in a month.

I would like to know if anyone has gone 98 NA-TT. I need to know exactly every single part I will need. I am going from a stock 98 NA (vvt-i) and I want to swap in a stock 2jz-gte. (Yes I want to keep stock twins) I want to create a LIST of every part I need. Please don't just tell me (motor/trans and ECU/Harness). I would like to know all misc. parts as well. I heard I will need a driveshaft. Things like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spot

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey spot, i've noticed you've posted numerous times in an attempt to try to find some way of making your 98na fast without screwing evrything up. It seems like everyone that's 98na just doesn't want to risk what no one else has done so they do wild things like superchargint their na. I am personally a 98na and i've got my turbo kit on the way, in a few weeks i'll post everything and you can see my progress. So far as the 98na-tt the wiring is completely different. I know you've probably seen Champazn on supraforums and he is currently preforming the na-tt swap as we speak. The was also a guy in austin that preformed the swaps but i believe he is banned now.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Superflyaznguy said:
hey spot, i've noticed you've posted numerous times in an attempt to try to find some way of making your 98na fast without screwing evrything up. It seems like everyone that's 98na just doesn't want to risk what no one else has done so they do wild things like superchargint their na. I am personally a 98na and i've got my turbo kit on the way, in a few weeks i'll post everything and you can see my progress. So far as the 98na-tt the wiring is completely different. I know you've probably seen Champazn on supraforums and he is currently preforming the na-tt swap as we speak. The was also a guy in austin that preformed the swaps but i believe he is banned now.
what u talking about am a 98na-supercharged.
see
:nutkickhi :bowdown:

·
Banned
624 Posts
usdm 550 injectors
wiring harness
TT fuel pump or Walbro fuel pump
usdm ecu
GTE ignitor
TT auto driveshaft for auto swaps
TT waterpump
cam seals
Front main seal
tensioner pulley
idler pulley
Timing belt
EFI resistor pack
recommend upgrading radiator

most things I can think of.
hopefully other ppl can chime in.

·
Registered
541 Posts
supraswap said:
usdm 550 injectors
wiring harness
usdm ecu
GTE ignitor
TT waterpump
cam seals
Front main seal
tensioner pulley
idler pulley
Timing belt
EFI resistor pack

most things I can think of.
hopefully other ppl can chime in.
a bunch of those are only needed if you get an aristo/jdm engine and want it updated to USDM spec, if you do you will also need to swap and drill your n/a oil pan for the oil return line. you will also need the flange for the TT rear diff and the rubber coupler(larger than the n/a one)to install the driveshaft if you keep the n/a diff. Also if you use an aristo tranny you will need the flange for it to bolt it to the auto TT driveshaft. You will need the upper rad hose and maybe the hoses for the heater core on the back of the motor. You may also need the TT fan. You need a TT throttle cable too. And stuff like the boost guage, downpipe, intercooler/pipes, and the TT tachometer that you probably know about. Jdm spec motors also require a restrictor plate in the 3" down pipe to prevent overboosting. That lists most the issues I've had in my swap

·
Banned
467 Posts
mkivsoopra said:
PM BadassMKIV.... he just did this swap a little while ago
hey Garland, what's up?
Long time long see bro...

Spot: what is engine do you have?
Supra or aristo ?? 85% you can find aristo, Supra engine is very hard to find..
If you have aristo engine, than a lot parts you will need..
i bought aristo engine before...

You will need these parts like SUPRASWAP said:

usdm 550 injectors
wiring harness
usdm ecu
GTE ignitor
TT waterpump
cam seals
Front main seal
tensioner pulley
idler pulley
Timing belt
EFI resistor pack

ADDING:

TT brake caliper F & R. *Priority* to stop better..
TT Rotor and brake pad F & R *Priority* to stop better.
TT wheel F & R. (optional).
Rear main seal.
You have to change 4 bolts yoke flange, if you are using aristo tranny to connect to TT driveshaft.
TT stock SMIC or aftermarket one.
US camshaft I & E ( optional).
TRD thermostat and water housing..from Curt.
TT power steering reservoir.
TT 98 motor mount on exhaust side, if you have aristo engine.
USDM stock TT (optional), if you are using aristo turbo, it won't fit to RMM DP.
98 TT left and right axle, ( 98 NA axle won't fit to TT differential, bolt is smaller.)
98 TT fuel hanger ( cann't use 98 NA).
TT MAF.
TT fan blade.
TT throttle body cable.
TT banjo ( it is locate on the top of intake manifold conect to brake booster.)
Boost gauge, turbo timer, BCC.
Need all the gasket ( intake manifold gastket, exhaust, oil gastket.... v..)
HKS SSQV BOV (optional).

I have all the parts on the list,when i did my swapped, but i lost it some where after i done it..i could remember all those parts, maybe i missed some. :)
I hope, those parts list will help you a little bit..
Good luck with your swap.

·
Banned
467 Posts
alloutsupra said:
Your better off getting a TT. Other you be needing a lots of $$$$$
Not really need a lot of money, try to look for used parts..
doing swap is fun, you can learn about your car.
you can buy a $ 20kTT car and drive it, no problem, so don't know anything about your car.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
98mkiv owns a 98 and he just did a NA->TT->T swap, I'm sure he could help you a lot.

·
Registered
319 Posts
BadassMKIV said:
Not really need a lot of money, try to look for used parts..
doing swap is fun, you can learn about your car.
you can buy a $ 20kTT car and drive it, no problem, so don't know anything about your car.
You be spending a lot of time looking for used parts as well. Even w/ used parts it still adds up. Especially if your goin for a 6spd swap, you'll need a complete 6spd rearend which is very hard to find. For me i rather have my car on the road asap instead of in the garage for months.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
BadassMkiv - what did you do for fusebox and igniter?? how did you go about doing that?? do you have the wire diagram and pics???

thanks

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
I have been looking into this swap myself. I'm thinking about picking up a JDM 2jz-gte with auto trans. and yes i have a 98 :)
the things I was poundering is if i wanted to get a non vvt-i or spend a little extra and get a vvt-i.

the one thing i didn't see anyone mention is the rear diff. I was lead to belive you had to change that., or maybe that's only if you goto a 6speed?

·
Banned
467 Posts
ChamPazn said:
BadassMkiv - what did you do for fusebox and igniter?? how did you go about doing that?? do you have the wire diagram and pics???

thanks
Check under mkivsoopra, he has wiring diagrams, and picture.
You have to solder those 2 wire together.
Good luck.

·
Banned
467 Posts
Adrian98 said:
I have been looking into this swap myself. I'm thinking about picking up a JDM 2jz-gte with auto trans. and yes i have a 98 :)
the things I was poundering is if i wanted to get a non vvt-i or spend a little extra and get a vvt-i.

the one thing i didn't see anyone mention is the rear diff. I was lead to belive you had to change that., or maybe that's only if you goto a 6speed?
Yes, you have to change to TT auto differential.
NOT recommended to use NA differential, if you do change to TT auto differential , you have to get new axle haftshaft left & right to fit with TT Auto differential.
later

1 - 20 of 27 Posts