Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the project is on it's way to a full restoration. More pics to follow. Official from Toyota says this is 1 of 11. But very well could be 1 of 1 since I have not seen any others. It will be the most "true" N/A swap ever. I mean down to every last single item in the car. I was very surprised how many differences that the N/A doesn't have over a true TT car. Like clutch reservoir brackets, cruise, dash harness, ABS, electrical connections, and so on.

One pic shows how the previous owner did the "not so good" way on converting to a 6sp. Pounded up the tranny tunnel and sawzall a bit. Brand new 6sp OEM tranny tunnel is being installed next week. Car is getting a full paint including the engine bay and clear coated.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Badass

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Oh myyyy

·
Registered
397 Posts
I see this thread turning into a recipe for, Doin It Right !! Good luck, Stu !

Bruce

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
….down to the right brackets and connectors, this is very interesting. And I'll believe there is a lot of "so on and on" with this project!

What is the text to accompany the pipe behind the passenger headlight?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow...can't wait to read and learn (as I start a similar project). Great start to what I'm sure will be a hell of a car when done...

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Nice! Great place to start re; HT, color, year!

·
Boost Junkie
12,362 Posts
Good times. Should be an interesting project!

Steve

·
Stock Twins King
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the support. Mr Ishii wants this done sooner than later so the final will be no later than March (best laid plans). He still has a lot ECM's to read over!

The welded in pipe behind the passenger headlight, is what made my green car different. That is where the drop down SUS filter was, and will be the same in the 98. It rests right behind the turn signal. I know from many past dyno's that the ambient IM air temps were way lower because of this.

I am also doing the aero-foil deflector on the I/C as well. That is also a big deal in redirecting air up into the upper 50% of the I/C.

Both these small mods make the car way more efficient.

More details to come on the placement of the PS and Oil cooler. We are changing this from the way the green car was done. Again, more efficient.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Can't wait to see the build progress of this one!! Hopefully the owner updates the dash to some LEDs!! Lol Which reminds me I need to update my 1980's Nintendo looking dash lights :\

1 - 20 of 343 Posts