Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for sale

Hey everyone been out of the game for a while but getting back into it. Just curious I have original 98 rsp na auto roller that has been stored since 2011 in a climate controlled garage. All tags intact, no accidents or paint work. What would the current value be? Are they on the way up or heading down?

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Not for sale

Hey everyone been out of the game for a while but getting back into it. Just curious I have original 98 rsp na auto roller that has been stored since 2011 in a climate controlled garage. All tags intact, no accidents or paint work. What would the current value be? Are they on the way up or heading down?
In regard to the rise, I believe we’re at an inflection point where general MKIV Supras are cooling off. Value increase wise it’s narrowing to a collector-specific market: rare colored, LHD vehicles with low miles. Pictures and mileage would allow us a better assessment.

I’ll assume interior/exterior are 9 out of 10. If so, an OEM RSP itself would command a $15K increase over any other color roller. If it was a 6spd roller—then likely more.

There was a faded, but running and driving, NA RSP I recall (on social media) a couple years back with offers of over $50K. I personally would pay $40K+ for a NA/Auto RSP roller pending condition. But to the right buyer, you could land $50K-$60K as-is. Might seem crazy, but there are people with spare GTE/V160 motor sets laying around from pre-2016 price increases that would capitalize on a conversion.

· Super Moderator
14,241 Posts
First and last warning about leg-humping this dude with 'LMK IF YOU WANT TO SELL!!!' posts. PM him if you must but I'm fucking sick of seeing that shit when folks come here to ask a question.

I know it bothers you all when you drive your Supra somewhere and randos ask you 'IS IT FOR SALE?!?!?!'. So don't be one of those motherfuckers here.

/rant off

RSP carries an almost incalculable premium in collector's circles. The only NA's to sell for over 70k that I'm aware of -and there have been more than one- were all RSP cars. While not everyone would pay those prices for a RSP Supra, there are folks who have, and do, which keeps prices high and sales fast when they do become publicly available.

If the exterior and interior are 100% original and correct for a '98, and need only detailing work to be 'car show ready' - I'd humbly submit that it's worth an easy 50-60k.

If it's one of the spectacularly rare factory LHD NA hardtop RSP cars in the same condition, that's almost impossible to estimate because it's so rare and desirable. I could see a motivated collector offering north of $100k for a 100% original paint and 90%+ condition LHD RSP Hardtop car. The powertrain at that point almost doesn't matter because no factory LHD TT RSP hardtops exist.

Honestly I think RSP 97-98 Supras are the most secure possible 'investment' vehicle of any Supra made, period. The first Supras to sell over $60k, 70k, 100k etc - almost every one was an original RSP car. Even if virtually every other Supra is on a downward trend I'd expect RSP's to hold or continue upward in value.

That said, original paint and original VIN tags make a massive difference in an RSP's value. Any sort of repaint or repair work or loss of original body panels significantly hurts this collector value, more so than any other Supra. Which is a shame because that is a strong disincentive to drive them ever, and they're simply beautiful in the sunlight and in motion, particularly at sunrise & sunset.

So whatever you do, don't build a crazy race car thing out of this one - keep the 100% stock interior, do a tasteful 2JZ-GTE+V160 6-spd powertrain making ~750whp, nice brakes, quality coilovers, and higher end Japanese wheels and just enjoy the car.

· Registered
7,569 Posts
Well.... depends on the mileage. I'll take it though sending you a message🙃.

Oh crap it says not for sale 🥴😑😔

Reactions: Supra Dr

· Super Moderator
14,241 Posts
Well.... depends on the mileage. I'll take it though sending you a message🙃.

Oh crap it says not for sale 🥴😑😔
Chin Jaw Sleeve Font Event

Why must my homies test me so!

LOL

Good to see you back here, dude. I know you've handled/brokered/PPI'd a few RSP cars recently, what's your take on this car's value?

· Registered
7,569 Posts
View attachment 286619

Why must my homies test me so!

LOL

Good to see you back here, dude. I know you've handled/brokered/PPI'd a few RSP cars recently, what's your take on this car's value?

Jeff😂😂🤝

Two people message me about this thread so I had to figure out my log in. I need to keep coming here..... Hard to say. Depends on mileage, paint quality, vins etc but even not having a drivetrain IMO doesn't matter much because no one would ever keep it. So I'm going to baseline it worse case scenario at 40k easily but just about assuredly much more.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone for your input. Been out of the loop for a bit. I appreciate all the messages but we are not looking to sell. We have all of the original parts and the parts to convert this into a monster build which was initially the plans. I think however after reading the advice we’ll do a very mild build on and just enjoy it. The wife and I still have the silver one thats built so we’ll just keep that one as the toy. Sorry for the bad pics but it’s all I have on my phone at the moment. The first pic was while transporting it.
Comfort Outdoor shoe Automotive design Flooring Walking shoe
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sky Automotive lighting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts