Supra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/4877329927.html

Found a set of stock twins from the same guy in Naperville. He said that the car was a '96 on both posts (he said that the car had 40,XXX on the post with the twins), but we all know that there weren't any RSP's made until '97. There's more things that don't check out here. Why would somebody be parting out a 40k mile Supra? Collision damage, maybe, but he makes no mention of such an occurrence. Also, what is the likelyhood that a 96 Supra with 40k on it would be resprayed as an RSP? He probably doesn't know what he has on his hands. In addition, the sentence structure and grammar is strange. It does not seem like whoever is writing this has any sort of education or ability to speak English.

I would definitely keep an eye on whoever is posting these.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
This is encouraging news that you guys might have a lead. However the bad news is if the lead pans out then that would mean that the car is already in hundreds of pieces.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Wow, that does seem very odd.

OP, are you seeing this? You might want to act somewhat fast before this goes away.

I would definitely advise members here to ease off contacting the seller as well just in case. It might sketch him out if he has like 50 dudes texting him about his fenders lol. Hope this resolves for you in one way or the other. There is a name on the toolbox as well but the photo pixelates.

·
Low Mile Supras
644 Posts
If you seach all of Illinois on craigslist you'll see that someone has several different ads for prestine mkiv parts but they do not provide a phone number so i can't confirm if its the same person selling the rsp fender.

·
2,275 Posts
I hope he finds whoever stole his Supra.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Fenders have VIN tags on them. I'd buy one of the fenders from the guy just to take a look at the VIN tag. If its a match, you have your guy...

·
Low Mile Supras
644 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I went and looked at the fender and it didn't have any Vin tags nor signs of Vin tags being scratched off. I did some research and found out fenders from Japan and overseas don't have Vin tags on them so it could be from one of them, but it is an RSP fender. I also would up the reward to the price of the car around $50k if anyone had any leading details towards it. I know its been over 2 years and its probably long gone but at $50k it makes it worth someones while to speak up.

Thanks
CB

·
Registered
10 Posts
All,

I'm reaching out to you as a Supra owner/enthusiast, and a human being. A 1998 6-speed RSP Supra was taken from Chicago's northside area between 1-5 days ago. 74K miles, mint condition. Bad news is someone probably knew what they were taking therefore the car may be a lost. just want it back at this point. Car is bone stock with tinted windows when stolen. If you see any parts for sale or anything anywhere on craigslist, friend of a friend, or on the boards here, please let me know immediately no matter what time of day or trivial the info you feel it may be. I can be reached at 773-440-2028 or via email at [email protected]. any time of day please call or text with any info.

Livid Supra owner,

-Xavier
Hey, not sure if you ever found your car, but, xtoefield - I found the vin... Frame is 1001997 and according to carfax, the stolen report has been removed in 2017.
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 10.51.07 PM.png

121 - 140 of 140 Posts