Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a few problems. 98 Single sp63 kit w/ fuel.

Car has no cats w/ no o2 sim.
Just got driving home and doing some highway pulls and I got codes.
p420 - catalyst problem
misfires in 1,2,3,5
and the major MIL for the random misfires. Can't figure out what causes. This is running 1.35-1.5 bar on pumpgas (is this safe?). Full fuel system. For some reason I can't figure out why it's doing this. New plugs. Idle is alittle choppy aswell? Any ideas why? Car is tuned pretty rich.

Also, my ABS light on and I tracked it down to my right and left rear wheel speed sensors. Is it a PITA to replace?

Will the HKS Twin power fix this? Going AEM soon but i'd like to figure out this problem.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
first of all 1.35-1.5 bar is not safe on pump gas. You can get away with 1.3 bar if you are on 93 octane, but not 1.5 bar. If you are getting only 91 octane at the pumps like here in CA you generally dont want to boost over 1bar as the stock ecu will just pull timing. The wheel speed sensors are easy to replace. Just unbolt them and unplug them from the harness and install the new part. For the rough idle, what kind of plugs are you running? If you are running the ngk 3330s it is normal to have a bumpy idle. Also what is the number of the codes being thrown?

carlo

·
Registered
226 Posts
On the Mis-Fire I also had this problem and re gapped my plugs to 26 thousands and the problem went away. I use Torco Accelorator Race fuel Concentrate it works good for 1.65 bar on 91oct w/ 2 can's of torco leaded accelorator per tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts