Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to thank everyone that was part of this Survey...If you posted or viewed these pic's at this link then you participated.. :naughty:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352720

I retro fitted my 98 Head light High beam and plastic trim panel into the Glass Euro Head lights.... at first I was worried about the lines on the Euros but, has you can see no one noticed.. :rockon: I actually forgot to post this follow up to let you guys know it can be done and you no longer have to worry about faded head lights ever again...

I wasn't a direct fit.... You have to switch out the complete High beam lens...and trim away the sides of the 98 plastic insert....(Trim fit, trim fit, trim fit,etc..)

Edit: Swapping the lens them selves doesn't Work....I tried!...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Question..wouldnt it have been easier to transfer the glass from the euros..to the 98 headlight? Like swapping lenses? It looks good though!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
makaveli200369 said:
Question..wouldnt it have been easier to transfer the glass from the euros..to the 98 headlight? Like swapping lenses? It looks good though!
It doesn't fit...I tried that first of course....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Its nice to learn something new =)

How come it didnt fit? Are they headlights the same shape?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
makaveli200369 said:
Its nice to learn something new =)

How come it didnt fit? Are they headlights the same shape?
No, the housing are not the same shape...

·
Banned
299 Posts
Whats the difference in the headlights? Do you have a photo for comparison. Ive seen lots of both, and Ive seen cars with the conversion, but I never really paid any attention to the differences. So now Im curious to see them side by side.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Driftracer3 said:
Whats the difference in the headlights? Do you have a photo for comparison. Ive seen lots of both, and Ive seen cars with the conversion, but I never really paid any attention to the differences. So now Im curious to see them side by side.
The Conversion you speak of is from Glass Euro which immitate the 93-96 style headlights... and are very different from the 97-98 style.. do a search and I'm sure you will find a side by side pic.... I have merged the 2 together....

SupraGodTT said:
yeah id like to know the difference as well .. i am looking at putting glass on my 94 head lights .. i like the little running light thats in there .. i use it for a turn signal now ..
You will be happy with the stock Euro headlights has the are the same style as your 94's

·
Banned
299 Posts
Actually some people I know bought the actual glass headlights, which look like the 97-98 style. Ive just never compared side by side.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Driftracer3 said:
Actually some people I know bought the actual glass headlights, which look like the 97-98 style. Ive just never compared side by side.

There are NO Glass headlights 97-98 style...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Driftracer3 said:
Oh really? Im not really sure of the differences except the 97-98 have dark interiors.

Theres more to it than just that. The lens itself is different. The 97-98 do not have all the lines as the glass and the 93-96 style lights. They also do not have the indicator light inside the housing either. Theres a few more small differences but thats all the main ones i can think of off the top of my head.

·
Banned
299 Posts
Yeah, the indicators was the other one. I noticed that one day looking at them. I think they look much better with the indicators inside the housing.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alex D said:
Theres more to it than just that. The lens itself is different. The 97-98 do not have all the lines as the glass and the 93-96 style lights. They also do not have the indicator light inside the housing either. Theres a few more small differences but thats all the main ones i can think of off the top of my head.
The high Beams are very different as well... Basically the are WAY different!

·
Registered
241 Posts
yes they r different, i ll order a set of 97-98 to put on my red 95' for my the look is better (maybe i ll sell my current glass headlight..)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can't get just the glass by it self .... you'll have to buy the whole head lamp.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
I wonder if the company can makes custom glass and sell it to us, so we will have to put it on 98 headlights ourselves.

·
966 Posts
Ron, youse a pimp!!! :biggrin: You had the balls to try something most people were afraid to do, merge two independently good products into something greater. Hmmm, I see a pattern here... milling HREs, Euro-glass 98s... what's next?!?!?! :coold:

Do they look "deeper" in person? I can instantly tell the difference between the Euro-glass and 93-96 headlights, the Euros are brighter and have more depth, is this true when they have the darker 97-98 backing as well?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts