Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Supra and I recently purchased a turbo kit. I know that my car has OBDII, does this make it a lot harder? Do I need anything special? I bought the F-MAX turbo kit. I'm going to try to find someone in the area who will install and tune it for cheap. How much should I be expecting to pay. Also, it's an automatic - so do I need any other additional upgrades? Let me know guys, thanks

-Taylor M.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 98-T and I live in So. Cal. Let me know if you need any help I did the install myself.

·
1,005 Posts
3RDCHIRP said:
I have a 98-T and I live in So. Cal. Let me know if you need any help I did the install myself.
Do you have any pics of your car? Also what kinda turbo kit do you have? Thanks man...

·
Registered
384 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 3RDCHIRP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whose kit did you use? do you have any problem w/ the reliability of the engine after the conversion? was it a "difficult" task to install it yourself and how long did it take you? regarding to the oil feed to the turbo and the oil return line to the pan, can you give us a glimpse of what you experienced i.e. where did you connect them. and finally, what did you use for fuel management? i know there's a lot of questions, thanx in advance.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
3rdChirps car rocks! I'll let him tell you what he's got, but all he needs is his fuel system finished/dialed in and he'll have a monster. Oh, the car is beautiful also. :)

·
wanna be elitist prick
106 Posts
3RDCHIRP said:
how did you get the automatic tranny to hold up to a turbo??

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
Hey 3rdChirp

I'm in OC as well (Costa Mesa)...would it be possible to meet up with you one day to check out your NA-T? I'm looking into a kit for my car in the near future and would like to see your results. I haven't seen a turbo conversion in person...

I guess if others are interested in having a look as well, we can meet up somewhere for a short meet.

Let me know if it's possible...

Huy
[email protected]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey 3RDCHIRP,

I would like to look at your NA-T engine too if you dont mind. Possibly you can set up a meet for "show n tell":D Thanks.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
if you set up a mini-meet, let me know so i can wash my car:D:p ... i'd like to know how an na-t enigine looks.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW! large response! I'm up for a meet to show my ride. I can't this weekend but I can do something on Saturday, April 20th. The Spectrum is near my house. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
384 Posts
hey 3rdChip,
count me in. what time are we gonna meet there. better during the evening so we can stop by D&B for some cold brusque afterward.

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
Cort, your ride looks great! I'm up for meeting up on the 20th...Spectrum is fine for me, or if you can think of another place, that's cool.

I spoke to Ryan (RSASupra) last night and he mentioned about your car and how sweet it is...

I take it that it was you who bought the Fmax kit without the turbo, and bought the SP60? Any hiccups with the install? Did you run into any problems or notice any flaws with the Fmax parts?

And if you don't mind saying, what did this cost you?

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
UMMMMMM where did your distributor go? When i do my install will i have to get rid of the distributor? What are you doing for ignition?

Thanks

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
His car is a 98 so it is the vvt-i engine with a distributorless ignition. It was a change that toyota made for the 98 model year. You dont have to get rid of the distributor if you do a conversion.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Ahhh ok that explains it Thanks for clearing that up Suprana96.

Later

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
how bout a weekday :D ... seriouly. i'd like to see it but unforetunately i probably won't be able to unless it's a weekday. if not, then it's cool.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
so what's the deal here?:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts