Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting my car back to stock and need to order new fuel injector clips for the stock injectors. I need the 5 digit number printed on the connector body itself in order to order them seperate from the wiring harness. So if one of you guys could look under the hood for me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.:)

-Joe

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the injectors light/baby blue in color? Kinda long?

What's the 5 digit connector number on them?

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for future reference guys... the markings on the injector clip should read "11153 E4-" without the quotes.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
USMC: Have you quit with your project to become NA-T? I know you had been working on it for easily over a year.

Reactions: Xenon Supra

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DrDJDesi said:
USMC: Have you quit with your project to become NA-T? I know you had been working on it for easily over a year.
Well... I have the car stripped apart in the garage. VINZE and a buddy installed the new block and mounted to the tranny. I was going to turn everything back to stock.

The more I read on the closed/open loop issue... the more I think that is why my motor blew.

My options are:

1. Turn everything back to stock. Sell the turbo kit.
2. Get the following, install it, tune it and have another go at NA-T:
a. E-Manage with full injector/ignition harness
b. Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband with EGT/Boost display
c. SplitSec ESC1

I don't want to blow my motor again... but I love car with turbo. It's really 50/50 at this point. Don't know which way to lean. Suggestions... ?

·
StrokerClub Member
550 Posts
Have you considered an AEM setup? SP does make a kit for the VVT-i and AEM. It doesnt control the vvt-i, but it does control everything else.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
I wouldnt give up on the project man to be honest with you, but ill get u the numbers on fuel injector clips the weekend was horrible in Pa, man too much rain.. but today is nice n sunny!

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SecretSC said:
Have you considered an AEM setup? SP does make a kit for the VVT-i and AEM. It doesnt control the vvt-i, but it does control everything else.
For that much money, I'd just swap to 2JZ-GTE 6spd. Then I wouldn't have to worry about all the driveability issues that go with any NA-T project.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Its easy for me to sit here and say "keep going for it!!" But you have put enough cash into it to know when to quit. I have a 98 NA, and I was going to go NA-T until I read your posts and all the troubles. Im more of a novice, so I went NA to TT. I highly recommend it bro, no engine management issues, simple BPU mods will get you to 450 hp at crank. I am in the process of putting US spec turbos on now. Let me know what you decide to do. I just think the learning curve for VVT-I's going turbo is still too steep.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I might go for the swap as well :( its just hard to find a damn US spec motor :( and the 6 speed......blah

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
SupraHKSx
Good luck trying to find a US spec motor, I gave up and got a JDM, it has served me well, now its practically US spec with new injectors/turbos etc

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SupraHKSx said:
I might go for the swap as well :( its just hard to find a damn US spec motor :( and the 6 speed......blah
Dude... you have 13k miles on your bloody car. Keep it stock! :rant:

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DrDJDesi said:
Its easy for me to sit here and say "keep going for it!!" But you have put enough cash into it to know when to quit. I have a 98 NA, and I was going to go NA-T until I read your posts and all the troubles. Im more of a novice, so I went NA to TT. I highly recommend it bro, no engine management issues, simple BPU mods will get you to 450 hp at crank. I am in the process of putting US spec turbos on now. Let me know what you decide to do. I just think the learning curve for VVT-I's going turbo is still too steep.
There comes a time when the whole NA-T route just isn't financially sound anymore. The guys over at the Lexus is300.net forums are hitting 430rwhp with an 8000 dollar NA-T kit. Rediculous. I know if I dump enough money into the bloody thing, it will eventually work. Just look at Lex Luthor. I just feel like the juice isn't worth the squeeze to me anymore.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Agreed, you seem to be "supra savvy". If you did the NA to TT swap yourself, ud save plenty of money, enough to go BPU which should put you in the 400+ RWHP range EASILY with a platform to build on (all for around 8k, the same amount spent by the people on is300.net). Another few G's and you will easily be at 500-600 HP with plenty of room to grow. For me, it was the best move and it seems it would be worthwhile for you as well.

Although, we have to tip our hats to people willing to pioneer the VVT-I front (lex luthor et all). Fear of failure kills innovation.

Reactions: Speedmaster747
1 - 18 of 18 Posts