Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, that being sad don't slaughter me through this post. I looked in the new member questions page and didn't see any of the info I'm looking for. I'm planning on swapping my 3rz out of my tacoma for a 3rd gen 1J. The reason i'm doing this swap is so that I can keep my toyota "toyota". I'm trying to figure out if I can swap a r154 bell housing onto my w59 trans so I can run my factory trans/transfer case for now until I can find an R150F trans/transfer case. I'm not planning on upgrading the turbo or anything, I may do a boost controller later on for the factory turbo, but right now i'm just looking to get everything in and setup. I was also wondering if anyone knew if you could swap a rear sump oil pan onto the 3rd gen 1J? I can't seem to find any for sale that are rear sump. I'm doing a plug n play harness from tweaked so that should take care of that. Picked up some aftermarket engine mounts last night from a friend who had an extra set, so i'll make those work somehow. Any info is appreciated.

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
The oil pans will swap fine. The R series bell housing will not fit the w series trans. You would need a w58 bh and flywheel to fit your w59.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, thanks man. So would I be able to keep my current pressure plate and clutch disc? Could I swap it onto the w58 flywheel?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts