Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night, after issues with an ex, I got the keys to my friend's 99 Cobra with the intention of venting a little frustration on old 4.6. Not long after turning on to Barrett Parkway (yeah I know...bad), a nice silver 350Z passed by so I started to pace it for a while before finally lining up to it at a red light. He pretty much ignored me at the light so I didnt expect he'd do anything even though his a-pillar was filled with gauges, including an air/fuel gauge. Light turns green...I didn't launch or anything, just kinda kept it reved in case he decided to make a move. So at the top of first, I hear this excessively loud screem over my left shoulder. Instanly I floor it and he stays at my back wheel all the way through 2nd until I shut down in 3rd to avoid traffic. We pull up to another light but we're no at the front. He tells me he has a Greedy TT kit, untuned. Light turns green and we pace each other for a little while trying to find a clearing in the traffic. Finally we have enough room to mess around again. This time I believe I was in second and when I initiate the race, I'll usually pull ahead but by only a matter of 2 or 3 feet until those loud ass screaming turbos of his spool up and he gains whatever he lost in the begining. We really didn't have enough room to do much but my impression of the race tells me that both cars were fairly evenly matched. After talking with him again he told me that he thinks his car is putting down around 320hp...I seriously think hes underestimating that number. Nice guy though.

The Cobra has full exhaust, aluminum drive shaft, underdrive pullys, cold air intake, and a 373 gear...also has Nitto drag radials.

·
Registered
88 Posts
when i'm messing with someone i dont actually think its a kill cause its different when you actually line up and run it for real...

·
Registered
78 Posts
don't those turbo 350z's run relatively low boost ....like 7psi.....read that in an old issue of turbo and high tech performance.....(maybe mistaken on title of the mag)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rumblepac said:
don't those turbo 350z's run relatively low boost ....like 7psi.....read that in an old issue of turbo and high tech performance.....(maybe mistaken on title of the mag)
Well according to 350zmotorsports.com, that kit only makes 5.6lbs of boost...which is good for over 340hp they say. So maybe that guy's estimate of 320hp is pretty close.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I've seen and talked at the track with a few twin Z's and with low boost they go from 14.5 quarter to 13.2 on street tires relatively easy. I would say easy 340whp at 6psi. Another guy was running 9 psi and netted 450whp.

Lawrence

·
:)
1,171 Posts
GReddy kit's already come tuned with the e-manage :dunno:. Are turbo cars ever tuned, every time they lose they're untuned :dunno:.

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
Godzilla said:
GReddy kit's already come tuned with the e-manage :dunno:. Are turbo cars ever tuned, every time they lose they're untuned :dunno:.
base map is focking rich as heck

·
Registered
28 Posts
i drive a 350z...and im on the 350z.com forums. there is a guy on there running 12 psi with over 600rwhp. at 9 hes running just over 500rwhp. kinda nuts

·
Registered
50 Posts
stock 5.5 lbs on greddy kit w/ basic mods like exhuast/no cats will net around 340-350 whp tune the emanage for around 7-8 pounds your at high 300's-low 400's w/ accompanying mods and a good 93 octane tune ur can have mid 450whp... craca350z... i belive those numbers are mad inflated unless they are running a built motor or running leaded race gas?who makes those numbers?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've met the guy you raced.. he's a pretty cool guy. I have a TT G35 myself and making 406whp @ 9psi. I seriously couldn't see 600whp @ 12 psi unless theres other mods that are not mentioned.

How often are you on Barrett Daitheflu?

·
:)
1,171 Posts
Maybe if the guy has a built motor and has large twins or single. Or he has a built turboed motor and he's spraying a large shot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
cracka350z said:
i drive a 350z...and im on the 350z.com forums. there is a guy on there running 12 psi with over 600rwhp. at 9 hes running just over 500rwhp. kinda nuts
600rwhp? def a built motor 350z has a weak internal, that can only hold up to around 370.. 350z are very expensive to mods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts