Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a roll against a 91 nsx, stayed at his door the whole way ffrom 40 til 100 on the freeway, backed off because of the speeds. I thought he would have handed me my ass by more but it was really close.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
firend of mine has one as well, we walked up on him and passed him on the free way one night, went from 50-55-130 ish. at the time i had a CLK430 benz. slow ass in the 1/4 [email protected] mph, with some traction problems on the launch. still a slow car

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
MaskedMilkman said:
the auto's are 14-14.2.....the stick is 13.5-13.8

btw howd you know it was a 91?
Yeah really? They pretty much all look the same.. wheels changed, but that's about it. My friend went 13.90 in one from their dealership lot.
:wtflol:

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
NSX's aren't all slow.... I have driven a few. One of them was a newer six speed and it had some pep. I even taunted and destoyed a new 996 non twin turbo in it. The porsche owner thought he was gonna get some and was not ammused.... muhahaha.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Brown Duckz said:
Yeah really? They pretty much all look the same.. wheels changed, but that's about it. My friend went 13.90 in one from their dealership lot.
:wtflol:
the 97+ nsx's are typically 13.0-13.2 @108-110 if you can drive, straight off the showroom.

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
MaskedMilkman said:
the 97+ nsx's are typically 13.0-13.2 @108-110 if you can drive, straight off the showroom.
I was referring to the 91 he stated..

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
I own a 91' NSX (and have owned many Supra's, just bought "james's" 94 BPU TT two days ago) My NSX (when it was bone stock) would make mince-meat of a GS400 / it would be a light breakfast. The guy you raced may have been a poor driver or had been in a rare auto one....the NSXs where & are very underrated in MANY different senses. It's IMHO the best all-around sportscar-(exotic, whatever u want to call it) that I've ever owned. I went [email protected] trap speed in mine when it was bone stock** (yes, thats an N/A 3.0 L) With my mods now it should do high 12's in the 110-112MPH range...still N/A with only bolt-ons. But those 1/4 mile times are only a fraction of the picture...you guys will certainly love the lightening handling and reflexes, extremely low center of gravity and mid engine placement, not to mention a very sweet sounding 8000rpm race engine behind your head (mines set at 8300rpm*)....all wrapped in a *handbuilt* all aluminum monoqocue* ...Supra enthusiasts which themselves are very sophisticated / tech oriented people would and DO love them....u will not regret a test drive in one, take it from me. :bigthumb:

--- Kevin

PS: there not cheap ($$$) though...

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice kill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts