Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking through the brochure on mkiv.com and I notice that the 99 NA's came with 6spd + torsen LSD, wtf?

Lucky bastards...
Not only do they get awesome recardo seats as an option, factory gps system, but the NAs also get 6spd? Damn!! :ugh2:

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
holy shit,
this is the jdm/EU/AU supras right?
cause the last ones to sell in the USA are 98's

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
so...dumb question...but is the shift pattern reversed on jdm cars? never really thought about it before. why aren't guys importing 6speed tranny's from japan?

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,106 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
so...dumb question...but is the shift pattern reversed on jdm cars? never really thought about it before.
nah, the shift pattern is the same, as are the pedal arrangements of course. the only thing reversed I believe are the turn signal and windshield wiper stalks on the steering column.

·
11,221 Posts
Is it the V160, V161, or something diff? Cause I believe the 99+ Jap Supra's have the V161 right? I don't even know what's the diff between the 161 and 160.

·
Supraless member
317 Posts
That 6-speed is a Getrag as well, but I don't know the differences with the turbo model. It does feel a lot nicer to drive than the W58 though, even in NA form. Those NA-6spd are the best bases for NA-T here, the shop guys don't like much when they see the 5-spd in the car. The car was about 30% more expensive than the normal 5-spd, still on the catalog in the same time. I don't know about US, but the japanese NA Supra 5-spd could get the Torsen as an option...I have it on my '94.

Yup...the good ol u.s. of a. gets the hose job again....
You sure? Europe doesn't even have NA's, they didn't have the 98-style headlights and taillamps either nor VVT-i engines, REAS suspension, later dashboard and the production stopped earlier than in the US...It's almost impossible to find a Supra these days over there, you could consider yourself lucky if you could find a '94 Auto with 130k miles for 25000 USD (except in UK of course) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
There are quite a few j-spec 6 speed n/a over here in the uk even earlier than 99 some 95.... where as the normal n/a is labelled as a SZ these are SZ-R

·
Registered
132 Posts
6 speed would still do no good without the tt dif imo.....unless you want 600whp or more and the na 6 speed is as strong as the tt 6 speed.......top end would still be hindered with the na dif.

that tranny would help make for a great na road course car with 500 whp at 14psi and the na dif. as long as the straights were'nt over 1/2 mile or so...if it as strong as the tt manual and can utilize the tt clutch options...that would also be pretty cool.

if this was in fact the case, might be cheaper than buying the tt manual, the tt dif, the tt halfshafts and driveshafts, oh and clutch among other things. would be nice to simply buy a 6 speed na tranny and tt clutch :) :) I think dave H is coming out with a limited slip :)

Mike

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the brochure said they come with an torsen lsd, and I doubt the gearing is the same as the 5spd NA diff ratios.

H

·
0 Posts
that tranny would help make for a great na road course car with 500 whp at 14psi and the na dif.

I don't think you can have an NA at 14psi :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts