Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You guys gotta see this. I think this is the most amazing wheel to wheel video I've seen, in-car, for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q67hybju5t0

Towards the kink of the DOttinger Hoe straight, the Viper slows down, methinks because he sees some flags waving and is startled by it. The Viper clearly had the HP advantage over the Porsche, but the Porsche was throwing harder into the corners. What you all think?

· OG
1,187 Posts
I think the driver of the Dodge gave the Porsche a lot of room right at the beginning when the Porsche passed him; the driver of the Porsche did not return the favor and made his car rather wide, thought not unfairly so. It sounded like the Viper was feathering the throttle through that straight.

The Porsche got on the throttle EARLY!

Fun video!

· Registered
986 Posts
I think the driver of the Dodge gave the Porsche a lot of room right at the beginning when the Porsche passed him; the driver of the Porsche did not return the favor and made his car rather wide, thought not unfairly so. It sounded like the Viper was feathering the throttle through that straight.

The Porsche got on the throttle EARLY!

Fun video!
Viper ran out of gear. Anyone who thinks either driver was doing the other favors...well I guess we all get an opinion.

I am sure the scariest thing out there was those two in your rear veiw mirror. LOL

· Southern MD Stig
786 Posts
Either some people are blind, or have NO clue to road racing...

...that Viper was CLEARLY faster and quicker on almost the entire track* Overall lap times unrestricted by traffic between the two cars wouldn't of even been close Viper > GT3. The obvious reason why the Viper didn't pass the GT3 in about four different places and leave him in the dust is simply becuase of its ultra conservative driver combined with the extreme traffic. Had there been a semi aggressive/decent driver in that Viper with the way it was pulling not only on the straight bits but even in the corners relative to THAT porsche this wouldn't of even been an interesting video... it was MADE interesting by a sandbagging driver thats gay and lots of traffic. :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,363 Posts
Had there been a semi aggressive/decent driver in that Viper with the way it was pulling not only on the straight bits but even in the corners relative to THAT porsche this wouldn't of even been an interesting video... it was MADE interesting by a sandbagging driver thats gay and lots of traffic. :rolleyes:

:lol: Maybe next time when they need someone who knows what they're doing, they'll call you. Sandbagging. :lol:

· Registered
13,982 Posts
...GT3 driven by Sabine Schmitz.
back in the day there was a gorgeous blonde chick around here who raced her real nice Corvette with a sticker on it saying "if you can beat me you can eat me"

...maybe Sabine didn't have that sign on this Porsche :nutkickhi

· Southern MD Stig
786 Posts
:lol: Maybe next time when they need someone who knows what they're doing, they'll call you. Sandbagging. :lol:
...well, you know...i MAY just have an opening in my busy schedule to be flown first class in nurenburg germany to pilot that Viper on the ring...:naughty: :rofl:

· Registered
986 Posts
Rather than state the obvious issues of learning about road racing from someone a 1/4 mile at a time, I will just say fun video, great driving.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.