Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two things that embarrass me about a mkiv. The factory antenna when its up, the factory wheel gap, and the sound from the horn (0,1,2). It sounds fit for a Prius. If someone cuts me off, etc, I cant even blow the horn to show my frustration:madfawk:

Just curious to see if anyone has tried a horn with a manlier sound, and where did they get it from? I don't want anything silly, I just want a bit of BASS, or maybe something exotic. As far as I'm concerned, my car is EMO.

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Somewhere on here, I can't remember the thread name, there's a swap for our horns from a Lexus, and it's a direct plug in horn, the connecters are identical, and it sounds 10x's better, I just wish I could remember/find the thread, as I want to do it myself

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
Somewhere on here, I can't remember the thread name, there's a swap for our horns from a Lexus, and it's a direct plug in horn, the connecters are identical, and it sounds 10x's better, I just wish I could remember/find the thread, as I want to do it myself
+1

I'm using 98 gs400 horns and the connectors are identical and sound infinitely better.

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Mine is actually going out so instead of the wimpy OEM sounding horn, mine sounds like that horn the clown on the unicycle carries, but only after a piano has fallen on him, while he was wrapped in bubble tape

Was the ES300 a specific year that the plugs were identical? Or was every year of the model es300 that fit

·
SICK OF THE NUT SWINGERS
1,728 Posts
Brand new es300 horns, both high and the low are only 50$
I thought about using the sc300 horn. The one in my daughter car is pretty loud...anyone do this and does it plug right in like the es, I'm assuming it does???

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
^^ Haha I need to do the horn upgrade as well !!

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
I thought about using the sc300 horn. The one in my daughter car is pretty loud...anyone do this and does it plug right in like the es, I'm assuming it does???
I don't think the sc300 horn plugs directly in, else that would be common knowledge, I'm assuming, like when the op started this thread someone would have chimed in right off that bat and said so

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
I could care less about the horn as it is a mid 90's Toyota and they all sound alike. What DOES annoy/embarass me is the factory keyless that uses the SAME type horn. I love the one on my IS300, I think I am going to buy a spare and put it on the Supra.

Jason

1 - 20 of 34 Posts