Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its nice the site's back up i was going crazy.

i still get the overloaded message once in a while, am i sposed to? anyhow on to what i really wanna know.

1. what is compression sposed to be at? i want to go get a compression check before i go to the track and run my car, to make sure theres nothing wrong.
2. How much does a compression check cost?((average not exact))
3. How much work would it take to run any kind of 14's on an NA auto. i will have an intake and exhaust when i run and i'll probly powerbrake for a good start. the NA 5sp runs 14.6's or 14.8's right? so with a few mods i should be able to reach a 14.99 at least right?
4. what are some times your na autos are running, with out nitrous.
5. where can i order the fmax kit from. the fmax site says contact a dealer and i cant locate any dealers. would this kit produce enough power to at least beat the trans ams and z28's. it says 320 hp...but im not sure if its BHP or RWHP, because their description seems off. it says our cars only do 160-175 BHP...but we do 160-175 RWHP...and they say we'll make 320 BHP...but maybe they mean RwHP? cuz theyre wrong about how much BHP we make as of stock form...

anyway, thanx for the help in advance.
Bob

Y

·
0 Posts
I have a MKIII with a newly rebuilt motor and 1mm overbore pistons. I run 195PSI minimum after 3000 miles of break-in. Depending on your milage, you should be at least 160. Anything under 150 sounds like a ring job to me.

You can buy a compression gauge and do the tests yourself. You need one with the rubber hose that screws into the end of the gauge, not the single one with the big rubber schlanger attached to the end. The sparkplug wells will not let you get the single piece down tight. Plus the hose type screw down into the spark plug hole, and you can do the test by yourself if your girlfirend/mate/wife/SO is not handy. Get the engine hot by driving. Then take all the plugs out (prepare to spend a bit of time here) and screw the gauge into the cylinders one at a time, then crank the engine over until you run about 350 RPM. Six or seven "umphs" should be about right. Then move on down the line. Good excuse to put new plugs in. Don't forget the NeverSeeze with those aluminium heads. Torque to about 13 ib-ft. You need a long reach 16mm socket to get to the plugs.

I would think a garage would charge 1 hour labor to do this. Depends on where you live. 50-60 dollars?

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
about the compression test, this is what i've been told...

N/A -
Max: 185 psi or more ; Min: 156 psi

Turbo
Max: 156 psi or more ; Min: 128 psi

Difference between cylinders: 14 psi or less

you had another question a few days ago regarding a buzzing sound at high rpms... try the tech section if you haven't already done so... if you've already found the prob, what was it?

J

·
0 Posts
MMR , SupraStore and Rollhard Performance all offer the F-Max kit.

I spoke with an F-Max dealer once and they claimed with the correct tuning you can make 340rwhp with that kit.

If you decide to go with this kit, you might want to consider using a better fuel system.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jaxin said:
MMR , SupraStore and Rollhard Performance all offer the F-Max kit.

I spoke with an F-Max dealer once and they claimed with the correct tuning you can make 340rwhp with that kit.

If you decide to go with this kit, you might want to consider using a better fuel system.
generally...how much does installation of one of these kits cost? thanks
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts