Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up..i rarely use my air conditioning but id still like to keep it in the car casue in the summer it does get extremely hot where i live so i still need it sometimes...anyway when i turn on the a/c i can hear the compressor turn on and everything is fine but then i can hear it turn off and on all the time...like it will go on and stay for about 2 mins and then it will go off and then it will turn off and on about every minute...and it is not set on auto..it is on full time...someone told me that it will do this if i am low on freone or however u spell it....then they said if thats the case there is a leak casue the systems are selaed to never leak...

thanx in advance
anthony

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
my leak was from the intake side intercooler piping. i have an HKS type-r and it was rubbing and i guess over time it created a small hole. I ended up replacing the line and a/c compressor because they had a leak too.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kdirty130 said:
yes, if ur compressor is turning on/off all the time, you are definately low on freon. the reason your low on freon, is probably a small leak somewhere.
thanx thats basically what i wanted to know...

i guess i will buy some refill cans and see what happeneds

hopefully i can find the leak..is there anyway i can do this

thanx
anthony

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yo man, whats up. I believe when you refill you can get a dye in the can, so if it does leak you can spot/find the leak.

-Corey

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i heard of this also...ill try refilling it soon...

yo corey why u sellin the supra already..i hear its coming aloing nicely...idk why geoff is selling his already

anthony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts