Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS SURELY IM NOT THE FIRST TO EXPERIENCE THIS....MY AIRCONDITIONER CONTROL PANEL WILL NOT WORK AT ALL ...NONE OF THE BUTTONS WILL LIGHT OR DO ANYTHING ...ONLY THE GLOWING BACKLIGHTS WILL LIGHT WHEN I TURN MY LIGHTS ON .... DO THESE UNITS TEND TO GO OUT OR WHAT ? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS , TERRY

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a/c ..no help?

I guess noone wants to help?..

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
I know exactly what your going through. My buttons still work, but half of the lights are out. Every once and a while, all the lights will blink out. Probably the only solution is to order a new a/c control box from toyota... I'm sure that'll cost a pretty penny. I'm having my car serviced Thursday... I'll find out how much they run.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the 1st post, if your a/c controls are NOT working at all.. can't help you here.. for the other guy.. it's just your bulbs.. do a search on dash/lights in this forum.. you will find info on how to change them.. If you buy the bulbs from toyota expect $8 a piece for 5 bulbs.. or buy them at radio shack for $1.25 per bulb.. hope this helps.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My friend has the same problem no lights and nothing works. I switched my controls out with his and still noting. I checked the fuses under the hood and under the dash and all is good i could not find the problem there must be somethig else!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DEAD A/C CONTROL PANEL

WELL IT SEEMS THAT AT LEAST I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THE PROBLEM.... I CANT FIGURE IT OUT FOR ANYTHING....THE NEXT THING I WAS GOING TO TRY WAS SWITCHING IT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSES AROUND ME... IF THAT DOESNT WORK I DONT KNOW WHAT ILL DO .....ACTUALLY KINDA HOPE THAT THE BORROWED ONE WORKS IN MY CAR ...SO AT LEAST I CAN BE DONE WITH THE SHIT........YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES ....IF ANYONE HAPPENS TO COME UP WITH SUMN PLEASE EMAIL ME .....SUMMER IS QUICKLY APPROACHING ...... [email protected] THANKS AGAIN, TERRY

·
Registered
54 Posts
Be careful... There's also an A/C control box mounted above the radio that could be bad. Try swapping both units and see which one fixes your problem....

I've got both units available from my car... Both in excellent condition, let me know if you need them via email [email protected] I'll give you a decent price.....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a/c problem

ok guys thanks for the help ...i guess the a/c amplifier is a box that is on top of the radio... is it the one with the 3 orange plugs that go into it ....if it is no wonder my a/c panel doesnt work...my shit is gone!!!!!!!! i purchased the car wrecked and have been workin on it for a while...so now i am tryin to rap everything up and now find out that sumbody jacked my shit before i bought the car...any way if this is correct ..let me know .....and if anybody has one let me know!!! Terry

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pull the AC unit apart, you will have to remove the control panel from the dash, and then begin to remove all screws... The lights are hidden underneath the control wiring... I took mine apart about 3-4 times trying to get it to work.... It's tricky finding out where the bulbs are.... But don't buy a new unit... If that's the case, then just send me the 300+ dollars and i will fix it for you :D

Also, the bulbs are expensive... $8 i believe for each bulb from Toyota....

Hope this helps..
Dan

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey dan

thanks for the advice , but its not just the lights ....the whole damn thing doesnt work...no nothing .....Terry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts