Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the expansion valve is located in the mk3 89 turbo supra

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
You will have to remove the glove box, remove several 10mm bolts....Make sure the lines in the engine compartment are removed, then take the box out that contains the evaporator.

The expansion valve is in there...It not really that hard! BTW do yourself a favor and get the part from Toyota!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question now is do I really have to change, cause it has been converted to r34 allready.

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
xms said:
My question now is do I really have to change, cause it has been converted to r34 allready.
Most likly not! What is wrong with the system?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
I just pulled my evap unit in 15 min!

Thanks for the confidence Dave.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=AC&P=34

Here's the diagram, it really is only a few bolts, the line connections and some screws and the evap unit slides right out. I'm replacing my txv (expansion valve) cuz I think it's partially clogged. The term says it's fine as long as the low side pressure doesn't read zero. But mine slowly cycles between 40psi and 18psi as my compressor cycles on and off. I'm replacing mine just to be safe since my system is discharged anyway.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I just pulled my evap unit in 15 min!

Thanks for the confidence Dave.

MK3 TSRM On-Line

Here's the diagram, it really is only a few bolts, the line connections and some screws and the evap unit slides right out. I'm replacing my txv (expansion valve) cuz I think it's partially clogged. The term says it's fine as long as the low side pressure doesn't read zero. But mine slowly cycles between 40psi and 18psi as my compressor cycles on and off. I'm replacing mine just to be safe since my system is discharged anyway.
I know it's been a while..but I have to post it.
My A/C compressor is cycling also on and off which is not good. My high pressure feed reads good, but my low side reads very low and that's a sign of a clogged expansion valve. Usually every car that is converted to R134 freon must have the expansion valve replaced with a new one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts