Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since I last turned on my AC. A couple days ago, I tried to turn it on, but it only blow hot air. So when I got back home, I checked around, and found out that the AC didn't kick in (no click sound) when I pressed the AC button. I checked the heat and MG clutch relays, both seemed fine, and no fuse blow. Anyone has any idea where else I should be checking or the compressor is bad?

G

·
There is a glass inspection "window" by the hood latch, next to the low pressure side cap.....check to make sure its full of fluid

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you mean the indicator next to high pressure cap. Nothing is showing in the indicator, and it's not really freon problem at this point, but thanks for your suggestion.

·
TuneLord
578 Posts
AtlSupra said:
It has been a while since I last turned on my AC. A couple days ago, I tried to turn it on, but it only blow hot air. So when I got back home, I checked around, and found out that the AC didn't kick in (no click sound) when I pressed the AC button. I checked the heat and MG clutch relays, both seemed fine, and no fuse blow. Anyone has any idea where else I should be checking or the compressor is bad?

same thing happened with me, recharge the ac, and i suggest you to do it urself...cause they charge around 100 bux.... (at least for my car) the FRION costs around 30 best one i saw, with all oil and stuff, basically READY TO GO!!!!

if thats not gonna work, go to some place where they check it for free, thats where i figured MY problem out

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
WAIT!!!

The indicator will NOT show anything if the a/c is not running!

Only way to check is with pressure gauges for r-134a.

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
figgie said:
WAIT!!!

The indicator will NOT show anything if the a/c is not running!

My thought exactly. The problem now is that AC can not be turned on. If it's low on R134a, I can add later if I ever figure out how to get the AC turned on.

I have access to A/C Pressure manifold gauges. I will check later on the pressures.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,397 Posts
My thought exactly. The problem now is that AC can not be turned on. If it's low on R134a, I can add later if I ever figure out how to get the AC turned on.
If your freon level is low, then the compressor will not kick in. You can test the compressor by droping a + from your battery directly to the wire that feeds the a/c compressor, and that will overwrite the a/c modules and turn on the a/c.

One other problem you may have is the expantion valve. I had to replace that on my car. But mine was working for 1 hour and shutting off, not working the next day and so on.

I would recomment, checking the freon level, if it is low add more. Turn on a/c unit by droping + from battery(do that for few soconds only, just to see if the a/c clutch will kick in) , then if all is good, replace expantion valve, it is located in the dash behind the glove box. The part is arounf $100 + full freon.

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked pressure, Low side is 95psi and High side is 100psi while car is not running (same when running b/c compressor won't kick in).
According to FSM, the compressor is bad if low side is too high and high side is too low. I guess I will check local shops and see if anyone has a used one.

Thanks for everyone's help!

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,397 Posts
Checked pressure, Low side is 95psi and High side is 100psi while car is not running (same when running b/c compressor won't kick in
Do the step I mentioned above, put positive to the compressor wire. If the compressor will kick in, then you have other electrical problem. You can actually buy the tester that will do that for you, but any wire will do.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
95 psi??

That is enough pressure to kick the a/c on. Usually 30 psi is enough. I think you a/c fuse for the clutch might be blown.

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shak said:
Do the step I mentioned above, put positive to the compressor wire. If the compressor will kick in, then you have other electrical problem. You can actually buy the tester that will do that for you, but any wire will do.
will give that a try tomorrow.

figgie said:
95 psi??

That is enough pressure to kick the a/c on. Usually 30 psi is enough. I think you a/c fuse for the clutch might be blown.
already checked the fuses and relays, will check again tomorrow to make sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

I have the same problem with mine, but I need to know how much fluid I should put in the system?

I am at a A/C service station. The manual for the recharge system says 700 grams (1.5432 pounds)

-Lars

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
boostn808 said:
Hey guys I am having a problem with my A/C, light just blinks off and on and just keeps on blinking what the hell?
Ian
I have/had the same problem...You can search blinking A/C light and find my thread.

The blinking A/C light is indicating that your compressor is locking up. Your compressor is bad or possibly the expansion valve is clogged, or your A/C amplifier is crapping out. I think these were the possible causes.

I need to revist my A/C issues as the light doesn't even blink now and I get no cold air at all. The FSM has a nice troubleshooting flowchart for the A/C. My money is on a bad expansion valve which is not allowing flow through the system and causing the compressor to lock up.

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
boostn808 said:
Where is that switch located
Follow the AC line on the passenger side. Around the shock point, you will see it. It's really easy to see if you are running single turbo.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Didn't mean to revive this old thread, but I tried to PM both Notorious 2JZ and VJ RC51 but got error messages saying you won't recieve PMs: Do you guys still have your old A/C compressors for sale? Let me know, thanks.
-Nick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts