Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So Yeh Ive posted a few times already asking everyone for help but because id rather ask and not mess up something than try and fix it when i dont know what im doing and make an even bigger problem

So to the point the throttle body and air intake is taken off of my 88 supra and I wouldnt think that would affect the A/C but thats why im asking

Cause when I turn the car to On the ac should go on when I turn it on rite but it doesnt AT ALL so whats up with that I need some help cause I dont know what the problem is

Im workin on it outside at this moment so if someone could reply I could check things out and get back to you

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it has and intake manifold and throttle body I just took it off for a different reason but its back on the air intake filter that plastic part is taken off cause I was trying to check the hoses for blockage but there fine

· Registered
6,153 Posts
...Yeah man. You are being extremely vague with the symptoms and what the problem REALLY is.

Your A/C may work, but sounds like you're talking about the FAN (blower on low, med, or high). Check your fuses, follow the TRSM for troubleshooting the symptoms you are attempting to describe. THEN, let us know.

Can't help you 'til you've taken a few steps to isolate and properly describe what's really going on.

· Registered
57 Posts
AIRCON COMPRESSOR WILL WORK WHEN CAR IS ACTUALLY RUNNING. COLD AIR WILL Circulate via FAN which can be controlled via speeds. when the key is turned to on position the fan that blows AIRCON and HEAT should turn on if not check fuses!

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AIRCON COMPRESSOR WILL WORK WHEN CAR IS ACTUALLY RUNNING. COLD AIR WILL Circulate via FAN which can be controlled via speeds. when the key is turned to on position the fan that blows AIRCON and HEAT should turn on if not check fuses!

Like I said Im new to this but Im just taking in all your guys advice cause you know alot more than me on this cause I havent had to fix whatever it is thats wrong before

but yeh thats it the Fan blower cause its supposed to work without car running rite ???

Which Fuses ??? the ones behind the glove comp rite near the heater core

· Grumpy Old Man
4,313 Posts
Like I said Im new to this but Im just taking in all your guys advice cause you know alot more than me on this cause I havent had to fix whatever it is thats wrong before

but yeh thats it the Fan blower cause its supposed to work without car running rite ???

Which Fuses ??? the ones behind the glove comp rite near the heater core
Sorry dude but
knows more than you (and is probably better able to articulate it)

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeh It probably does know more than me since I never had an air conditioning problem on a car my dads the one that knows about the cars and the only things I knnow is what hes taught me but he doesnt know how to fix it either so thats why im asking you guys

And its the blower motor i finally figured out thats not working so what do i do to fix it or replace it where can i get one im thinking the junkyard take it off another car but i dont know

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.