Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my A/C will blow cold when I am just sitting and idling but when Im cruising it just blows regular air. I was thinking that it is probably the clutches on the compressor because all my lines and condensor are new, but the compressor has 171k on it. can anyone back me up on this or give me some more possible causes. Its really starting to get on my nerves because its begining to get hot here in Texas.

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Need more information. I would suggest buying a Factory Service Manual if you don't already have one. The troubleshooting section on A/C is extensive and you should be able to track down the problem if not fix it...

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
I just looked in my FSM, there are atleast 15 possible problems with the symptoms you described. :eek2:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
If your compressor works at idle it will work when you're driving. If you have a front mount intercooler it could block/decrease airflow to your condenser and cause it not to do it's job properly, therefore affecting the rest of the system. How long ago did you get your condenser and lines replaced. Did you have them fill your system back to the specefied specs. Trying to diagnose an A/C system without the proper equipment is impossible. I would say your best bet is to go get a service done and have them fix whatever is causing your system not to blow cold air. Good luck

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The AC lines and dryer receiver were replaced in October of 2004 by a reputable shop, I chacked the pressure of the system and it seems to be fine, I dont have an FMIC, but also I noticed this when I turned off my car today, it sounded like something was bubbling with pressire right above the passenger side floor board possibly up behid the glove box. it did that for about 10 seconds and then stopped. When I open up the hood after the A/C has been running the High side lines are cold to the touch and have condensation on them. I was told it could possibly be that my expansion valve is stuck?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
What were your pressures for the low side and high side and at what temperature. Who told you your TXV valve was stuck and is it stuck open or closed. To properly diagnose your car you need to know/do 5 things.

1. Visual inpection of the system.
2. Identify (using and identifier) by doing this you will know what refrigerant is in the system, how much moisture and HC's are in the system.
3.static pressure
4. Service ( discharge, vacuum and recharge system to specs)
5. Recheck

If you have all the proper equipment and the know how you will be able to find your problem and fix it within an hour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts