Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As some of you may know I'm a MK3 guy, but I drive a daily 05' Accord. I'm having an issue with my A/C, which I'm unfamiliar with. I know how it functions, but never had to work on one before. I know they all "generally" work the same.

I tried the Honda forums, but the Honda bois are unresponsive. I figured I might have better luck here at home. Here is my issue:
  • Compressor kicks on with AC button - I can hear it running
  • Both high and low side pipes are ambient temp with compressor on, not cold or hot.
  • Gauge for high read 20 PSI
  • Gauge for low reads 0 PSI
Part of me is thinking maybe it's a clogged expansion valve, but I'm not familiar enough to diagnose.
I replaced the block-shaped relay to the a/c system as a starting point which did nothing. Any insight is appreciated, and if any mods need to move this to another section that is fine as well - figured I'd get more traction where I hang out.

I'm in Houston and LUCKILY the weather has been somewhat cool. But when the warm weather comes around I'm toast lol.

·
Registered
702 Posts
can you buy a can of refrigerant and hook into the low side and see if it sucks it up-- sounds low to me. those are low pressures both high and low side

you should see around 30 low side (running) and 100-200+ high side depending on ambient temp

be careful to not overfill !!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you buy a can of refrigerant and hook into the low side and see if it sucks it up-- sounds low to me. those are low pressures both high and low side

you should see around 30 low side (running) and 100-200+ high side depending on ambient temp

be careful to not overfill !!
Thanks bud,

I tried that last week, but no dice. It's curious though, because I was getting a different reading on my single refrigerant gauge and didn't want to over fill. I'll test everything again tonight and see what results I come up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts