Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much whp does A/C take from you.....it's hot as hell and i feel the need for it....also is there an aftermarket system/alternative or something that doesn't use as much power?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
When you go wot the a/c compressor clutch disengages so the only power being lost is what it takes to spin the pulley. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supra400hptt said:
When you go wot the a/c compressor clutch disengages so the only power being lost is what it takes to spin the pulley. I wouldn't worry about it.

is this true for all cars? like a miata?.......the reason i put this in here is cuz well it's the dyno tuning room and i though maybe one of you guys would've tested this out by a stroke of luck

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
The newer cars have a lot more efficient compressors so A/C barely effects power.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It doesn't affect power AT ALL unless it's on. And when it's on, it robs less than 5 flywheel hp, not enough to notice on most vehicles... You'll actually get better MPG with the A/C on than the windows down on newer vehicles.lol

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
InTheRed said:
It doesn't affect power AT ALL unless it's on. And when it's on, it robs less than 5 flywheel hp, not enough to notice on most vehicles... You'll actually get better MPG with the A/C on than the windows down on newer vehicles.lol
did u see that on mythbusters to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts