Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my A/C has been smelling like sour feet when I turn it on. Is there something I can do to fix this problem like a filter or something? It's pretty embarassing when you have a chick in the car and the A/C smells like shit when I turn it on :nono:

J

·
0 Posts
a new filter should help. There is probably some type of fungus accumulating probably due to the condensation left after you run the ac for long periods of time. take some windex and wipe out the area.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Try spraying Lysol into the hood cowl (beneath the wipers) where air is pulled in for the ventilation system when you have the AC on. It should kill the mold once it gets in there.

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
FattyCBR said:
Try spraying Lysol into the hood cowl (beneath the wipers) where air is pulled in for the ventilation system when you have the AC on. It should kill the mold once it gets in there.
They also make a spray just controle the smell that can grow in the A/C. Look for a AC freshener u should be able to find it at a auto parts store NAPA or something. My friend has some and it works well.

·
b00bies!!!
326 Posts
That "ass" smell is cause by the years of dust buildup on the heat exchanger under the dash. The constant heating/cooling causes condensation to build up on the dust which in turn leads to mildew which is what you are smelling for the first few minutes the A/C is blowing. The only real way to get rid of it is to take apart the dash and throughly clean out the "heat exchanger" (dont know the real name for it). Those sprays and chemicals will only cover up the smell. I have seen this many times working a a car dealership and this is the only true way to perminantly get rid of the smell.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can pick up something called "Ozium" at most auto parts store. It's not an air freshener, but an A/C disinfectant of some sort. Very easy to use, just read the instructions carefully. It worked for my '94, and the stinky smell didn't come back after a year. I have since sold the car, however, so I don't know if it's still working.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chuck

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
I tried lysol on myne and that didn't work worth shit.

steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts