Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a swap I have been working on (for WAY too long.. lol):

Have you ever seen a MK2 Supra this clean?

Didnt think so!

Whats that under the hood?

2JZ-GTE FTW!

Wheres the goodies?

There they are.. AEM TruBoost Boost Controller and the Apexi AFC NEO

Heres the ECU chillen, waiting for a secure mounting under the kick-panel.

Pretty cool eh? I still have a few things left to do like wrap the harness up, some tuning, some minor issues here and there, but overall this has got to be my favorite swap I have ever done! And let me tell you.. ITS FREAKIN FAST!!!

Thanks to: Brian (the owner for being so patient and for letting me do this project), Tifare & JawsGear (for their assistance and the nice 1pc custom driveshaft!), RRev Motorsports (after market parts and tech advice), Mark "ra24man" at Vancouver Toyota (for many many OEM hard to get parts!)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Clean Install

Can you say SLEEPER? :bowdown: There are going to be some nice sports cars wondering what the hell just happened to them by that beast!

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
NICE!
That's beast Matt.
Really, really clean mk2, I like! The rims, uhhhhhh not so much...

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
holy shit. how hard was the swap? looks like it was a bitch.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
It's a beauty Matt. That car is going to surprise alot of people!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Very Nice Matt. Have always considered a jz swap, but never have had the $$$ or time, LOL. I have seen many that clean, but as Quick mentioned, not 82's.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Nice sleeper! Does it have the Getrag v160 in it?

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
I was in RRev a fews days ago and personally seen MattOD working on this beast. He has done a really nice looking job. That rig is going to be a "MOVIN' MOMMA" and is a real real sleeper that is for sure.

You did a great job MattMan!!!

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Looks great Matt...I actually had a clean 85 MkII like that when I bought my MkIV. Great swap man...happy to help out! Glad to see it get done...lots of hard work into that beast

<<Still kicking ones self for selling said MkReal

·
Registered
215 Posts
Awesome, a lot of the MK2's in the everett area I've seen are all beat up, except maybe one black one that's pretty nice. I wish I had a car......... No more Taurus.....

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
Wow...talk about your all time great potential power to weight ratios! Great idea. :bigthumb:

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone.. No Nate its not mine, although I wish it was. :)

Holy crap Mark.. That MK2 is/was awesome! Why did you ever sell that? Its maybe a little cleaner than my old one.. LOL

Now I just need to convince the owner to put a kill switch on the back of this thing so I can get him down to PIR.. :)

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Thanks everyone.. No Nate its not mine, although I wish it was. :)

Holy crap Mark.. That MK2 is/was awesome! Why did you ever sell that? Its maybe a little cleaner than my old one.. LOL

Now I just need to convince the owner to put a kill switch on the back of this thing so I can get him down to PIR.. :)
I was dumb...bought a MkIV and didn't have more garage space :1poke: Oh well...I'll be hunting down another super clean one in the future

1 - 20 of 26 Posts