Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is what has been going on. First off, i really have no use for the A/F gauge. the only reason I am trying to solve this is to make sure i get the O2 working properely. my A/F gauge has been reading Ov since the swap (no lights at all unless i unplug the sensor wire and get the 1v solid green led). I went ahead and got a different O2 sensor from hams for a test to see if my other was bad. I still get nothing on the gauge when it is plugged in. Now I am going to the harness to the 16" extension section to see what I can find. What color of wires am i looking for in this extension section that go to the O2? I believe that they are pink, white and blue? do all of these have to be shielded? I was told that it wasn't that important on the O2. i will just make sure I have a good connection at least. So, i am just using this O2 gauge to test the O2 i guess. Any other input is great for future reference.

Trev

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If the O2 wasn't communicating with the ECU, shouldn't I be able to notice this while driving? The car drives and boost great...i just don't know why the A/F gauge isn't registering then when I put the sensor lead into the Ox1 diagnostic port. I know that my car was running REALLY rich because of the .027 gap on a stock 13 psi (moved to .039 and no more dark smoke on idle and no more fouled plugs). Anyone have ideas?

Trev

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
supraturbo1987 said:
If the O2 wasn't communicating with the ECU, shouldn't I be able to notice this while driving? The car drives and boost great...i just don't know why the A/F gauge isn't registering then when I put the sensor lead into the Ox1 diagnostic port. I know that my car was running REALLY rich because of the .027 gap on a stock 13 psi (moved to .039 and no more dark smoke on idle and no more fouled plugs). Anyone have ideas?

Trev
Maybe I should try and splice the lead sensor wire of the A/F GAUGE into the wire that is at the ECU itself....right at the Ox on the ECU.

Trev

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i had posted before to see what wire to hook my a/f gauge,nobody responded to it.i ended up toning the signal wire(what i thought it was)to the ecu and soldered it in there.the gauge seems to work.it reads in the red when first started then climbs.when your driving and it is in closed loop it bounces from rich to lean.when under boost it reads rich
keith

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kieth, so you did connect it right at the ECU to the Ox wire then? that is what I plan on doing tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Trev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts