Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car runs great, but when I start boostin', the air/fuels are still high at 3-4000rpms. The car spools so quickly, I am afraid that I may ruin something. Air fuels were pretty good until the weather started to change. I have the SAFC (the old one). Need some help please.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
how bout add fuel at 3000 rpm and up, seems like a simple fix to me.

~scott

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean me? I didn't have a bogging problem. I had a spacer missing from my fuel rail and it was torqued down too much which may have warped the rail slightly. By the car heating up and cooling down, it also contributed as well. My A/Fs were REALLY RICH. It would run lean as soon as I boosted. I had this problem AND I had lost VAC. It normally idled at -20VAC and went to -15VAC. I think the ECU was trying to compensate forthe air coming in where the spacer was on the fuel rail. But as soon as I started to boost, I realized I was running out of fuel. I replaced the spacer (well a buddy of mine did the work THANKS SEAN) and A/Fs came back immediately. When its cold, it still leaks, but now that the temp outside is getting higher, I am getting VAC back and A/F at startup are back to normal. The weirdest thing though... the car is MUCH FASTER than it was before when it ran good. I don't know what's going on, but I raced a guy who ran 12.7 in the 1/4mi and had him by a car and a half. Go figure.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are 3 "spacers" that are on the other side of the fuel rail. These are described by Toyota as "spacers".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts